Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Some information about changing the relative octaves of instruments

Most Recent

written by: Tenebrous

Ooh, thanks very much Geert, only a couple of days ago I was thinking of asking if this was possible.

Edit: only just noticed how old the original message was... nevermind though :)

written by: geert

Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:10:10 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I found myself having to switch octaves a lot due relative differences between instruments. Eigenlabs helped me to use the Belcanto scripting language to change these relative octave. I though this might be helpful to others also:
http://wiki.eigenzone.org/wiki/Reference

Have fun!

Geert

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:40:10 +0000 GMT

Thanks for this. I've been running into difficulties lately with getting lost within the octaves, and as there is no way to visually find out which octave you are in.

I'm going to have a go today at programming a keyboard macro application which will (hopefully) send belcanto messages to the commander, with the idea being that I will have my small 48 key mini keyboard near the pico which will be set up to control octaves/pitch bend/etc.

written by: 0beron

Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:19:08 +0100 BST

Just to add a note to this to say that these relative octave changes are essential if you load two instruments onto the pico or one keygroup on the alpha, and want to have them an octave or two apart.

written by: Tenebrous

Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:04:23 +0100 BST

Ooh, thanks very much Geert, only a couple of days ago I was thinking of asking if this was possible.

Edit: only just noticed how old the original message was... nevermind though :)

Please log in to join the discussions