Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: windows release

Most Recent

written by: shamharoth

I have no problems at all using Home Premium. In fact, unless you're attaching to a corporate network I don't think there's any real benefit in the extra expense for Pro.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:15:25 +0000 GMT

OK, I stand corrected. It's just an impression I got, not a statement of universal fact.

written by: john

Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:50:33 +0000 GMT

Just to wrap this up, it looks like we're going to be supporting XP, Vista and Windows 7 initially. There's not much difference between Vista and 7 in driver terms, XP is the real problem. Unfortunately we don't have much choice about supporting XP as it is still highly relevant in schools and we see a potentially big future for the Pico in education.

As regards the whole Windows versus Mac discussion, they're both pretty horrible really (and although Stuart is right, you never see ProTools on Windows in pro studios, it's not relevent as ProTools HD has it's own outboard audio hardware that bypasses all the host computers). Getting really low latency is not an audio issue for us, more a USB driver issue for data coming up from the instrument. We target sub 2mS latency for all that (for a target sub 7mS key press to sound latency) and this turns out to be hard on both Windows and Mac machines. We now have this working fine (although not extensively tested as yet) on Windows. We also have noise coming out, the remaining work is now to get our VST host working well.

We'll keep you posted..

John

written by: karmacomposer

Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:48:43 +0000 GMT

We're running XP and Vista 32 and 64 bit here. Will not go to Windows 7 because we do production and cannot afford any upgrade glitches or problems when on deadlines.

PLEASE have at least a Vista version available please. Trust me, tons and tons of people still use XP!!!

Mike

written by: karmacomposer

Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:56:26 +0000 GMT

stuwyatt said:
Admittedly, I've been out of the loop for 2-3 years, but I've never seen a Windows machine running pro-tools in a professional studio. Maybe this will change with Windows7 though.

\/\/\/ [Edit] Ah, thanks for that...

Well, we create and edit TV shows for broadcast on Fox and other sports channels AND run a recording studio NOT using Pro Tools (Pro Tools is so damn behind the times). We use Professional PC hardware and a variety of pro DAWs and have ZERO problems.

Consdiering all we use are virtual instruments for composing, I could not see using anything else!!!

I bought my Mac Mini for only three things: 1: Creating/converting our virtual instruments and samplesets to Mac format, 2: Metasynth 5 and 3: Eigenlabs products (because I am too impatient to wait for the PC drivers).

Mike

written by: paveldvor

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:02:04 +0000 GMT

The end of February is approaching and I'm curious how is the windows beta test release progressing, could you please update us?

Pavel

written by: eugenb

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:07:18 +0000 GMT

i am very eager to test it :)

written by: strangeglow

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 00:32:01 +0000 GMT

I've been developing software for media professionals for the past 30 years on a variety of platforms, Mac and Windows includes. (ok. 26 years on Mac). I've found that both run well in professional studio situations because people don't screw around with them. They don't get random software loaded on them. They tend to have plenty of HD space and memory. People are very cautious about loading new software, etc.

Using computers on stage is much the same. Set it up, get it working and then don't mess with it. Thats really the exciting part about EigenD running well on the Mac Mini. Easy enough to buy one and use it only with your Eigenharp.

jw

written by: aaronw

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:31:03 +0000 GMT

Dear all,

Just to give you an update on the Windows release. The Beta version will be released by the end of March and the full stable release in June.

Thank you all again for bearing with us.

Regards

Aaron
Customer Services

written by: Alfareese

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:20:10 +0000 GMT

Here's my vote for supporting windows XP. My home studio runs great on it, I have no desire to move up to windows 7, and skipped Vista with no regrets.
Barry

written by: catoro

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:17:49 +0000 GMT

Hey guys... a short question... to the best of my knowledge Audio Units are propietary to the apple platform... having a windows version of EigenD will mean that VST support is on the way?

If the last thing is true... will that support be available for mac users?
This is just a dumb question that aroused my mind last night... I'm a convinced Mac head and I'll never go back to windows again, however I find this interesting...

Cheers.

Carlos

written by: geert

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:19:00 +0000 GMT

@carlos, if you use Bidule as an audio unit plugin you can already use VSTs on Mac with EigenD, just host them inside Bidule.

written by: catoro

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:26:18 +0000 GMT

@Geert
Yep... I tried that already... helpful when you have only VST versions of your instruments... I have to get more RAM in order to fully take advantage of Bidule (I recently got in contact with it thanks to your posts) I am evalualiting it and probably I'll buy a copy... but first thing first... more RAM (I have only 2 gigs)

Cheers mate.

Carlos

written by: sam

Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:10:29 +0000 GMT

Hi,

Just to let you know that VST support for both Mac and Windows is on the way and will be included along with Cocoa AU support in the not too distant future.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: Tenebrous

Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:33:45 +0000 GMT

I received my Pico today and I'm waiting with baited breath for something Windows-based to play with ;) (and I have Vista & Win7 systems ready)

written by: IvanBratten

Tue, 18 May 2010 19:09:05 +0100 BST

Hi, just wondrered if you can give me a beta version, i use Windows 7

written by: Jack

Thu, 20 May 2010 00:15:51 +0100 BST

Ivan,
We are currently internally testing a Alpha Test version of the EigenD software for Windows.

Sat, 22 May 2010 01:50:18 +0100 BST

Ivan,
Sorry all I was attempting to cut and paste a summary of the response I had received from the Eigenlab support staff when it posted. Here is the response I received on 14 May in its entirety:

Dear Jack,

Thanks for your email and it is great you are keen to test the Windows version of EigenD. We are still internally testing the software but it is certainly coming along and we will hopefully be able to release an Alpha version soon.

I will email you as soon as there is any developments and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards

Aaron Whitfield

Customer Services Department
web:eigenlabs.com
Eigenlabs Limited.

written by: Tenebrous

Sat, 22 May 2010 08:59:30 +0100 BST

That's the response I got too, which is good ;) - basically we have to be patient :)

Sat, 29 May 2010 22:01:21 +0100 BST

Is anyone else having trouble unzipping the Windows Unstable release? I've tried downloading multiple time with no luck. I'm using WInZip 14.5 - the latest version. I've also tried jZip. vHelp - so close to hearing the Pico!!!!

Sun, 30 May 2010 13:31:30 +0100 BST

7th download was the charm. Thanks for the help. Man are those keys sensitive!!!!

Cheers, Jack

Please log in to join the discussions