Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Kyma Again

Most Recent

written by: barnone

The latest eigenD unstable 12 and the latest Kyma .64 are now talking very well over the virtual midi connections. It's still midi but the latency and response is very good. I'm impressed.

Now that Kyma supports a full OSC implementation and also a midi over OSC implementation, I did a test of the connection speed here.

http://www.vimeo.com/9899703

It goes eigenD->virtual midi port-> midi Over OSC -> pacarana

Eventually I'd love to see
eigenD->OSC->pacarana so that the data is not reduced to midi.

and an OSC implementation in eigenD for sending controller values X,Y,Z after touch and the rest at high res.

Even though this connection is midi, the quality of the sounds Kyma can produce makes them seem much more realistic IMO than the native instruments in eigenD.

So, rather than investing huge resources in native instruments, just give us high res connectivity.

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:28:32 +0000 GMT

Guys I know you've even mentioned this in your FAQ, but I promised Symbolic Sound I would reach out on the forum with a post.

If John gets the chance, Carla at Symbolic Sound would love to hear from him.
Symbolic Sound Corporation "symsound@SymbolicSound.com"

As you know instruments like the continuum connected in highres to Kyma produce some exquisite sounds and benefit from the high resolutions of both systems.

There is some interesting work happening around Kyma and OSC and it would be a shame not to at least touch base with them.

My two hopes for external connectivity in the future of eigenD are OSC output and CVC for control of the modular.

Cheers,
Chris

written by: bluedonkey

Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:15:12 +0000 GMT

I would be VERY interested if this would happen. I think Kyma and eigenharp would be amazing.

Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:34:51 +0000 GMT

The latest eigenD unstable 12 and the latest Kyma .64 are now talking very well over the virtual midi connections. It's still midi but the latency and response is very good. I'm impressed.

Now that Kyma supports a full OSC implementation and also a midi over OSC implementation, I did a test of the connection speed here.

http://www.vimeo.com/9899703

It goes eigenD->virtual midi port-> midi Over OSC -> pacarana

Eventually I'd love to see
eigenD->OSC->pacarana so that the data is not reduced to midi.

and an OSC implementation in eigenD for sending controller values X,Y,Z after touch and the rest at high res.

Even though this connection is midi, the quality of the sounds Kyma can produce makes them seem much more realistic IMO than the native instruments in eigenD.

So, rather than investing huge resources in native instruments, just give us high res connectivity.

Please log in to join the discussions