Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Possible right now to have more midi/au tracks?

Most Recent

written by: ChrisPenner

Thanks, that works well for now, I hope we'll be able to define custom instrument layouts when workbench comes out. I'd love to be able to custome tailor it, have maybe 2 soundfonts, 2 midi ports, a clarinet and 3 VST's.

written by: malkomalko

Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:20:07 +0000 GMT

I figured out how to make my own keyboard layouts/pitchbend setup using the new scripts in 1.10 unstable located here:

/usr/pi/release-1.1.0-unstable5/resources/Scripts

Is it possible somehow to alter the configuration of the instrument tracks?

I'd love to have one Sampler, 3 AU, 3 Midi, 1 Clarinet for example.

Thanks!

written by: sam

Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:08:33 +0000 GMT

Hi malkomalko,

Thanks for your post. The scripts are not really designed for major configuration changes such as this - this really requires a new setup. We are looking to put together a Pico Setup 2, and would appreciate your feedback.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: malkomalko

Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:42:22 +0000 GMT

Thanks Sam. Let me know what I could do to help/test out. I think a lot of people would benefit (or at least myself) from having more than 1 midi out instrument. The combination of having multiple midi outputs (or at least different setups to send out different cc values or different midi channels) would open up a world of possibilities for combining the expressiveness of the pico to your favorite daw for complete control.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to pick my brain. I'm also a software engineer for my day job so I might be able to offer some other feedback.

Cheers

written by: steveelbows

Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:48:27 +0000 GMT

I would certainly love a setup that contains at least 3 midi instruments. I will add more detail to my wishlist later, although much of it is covered by previous posts about midi behaviour improvements Id like to see.

Fri, 29 Jul 2011 06:26:37 +0100 BST

I use very few soundfonts myself and would rather dedicate all of the first 5 instruments to my VST Plugins. Any updates on how this is coming along?

written by: geert

Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:14:50 +0100 BST

Hi Chris,

You can find a second standard Pico setup when running EigenD 1.3 that has 4 AU/VST and 4 midi instruments.

Best regards,

Geert

Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:15:44 +0100 BST

Thanks, that works well for now, I hope we'll be able to define custom instrument layouts when workbench comes out. I'd love to be able to custome tailor it, have maybe 2 soundfonts, 2 midi ports, a clarinet and 3 VST's.

Please log in to join the discussions