Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: 1.0.12?

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi prstorms,

It should not make any difference whether you turn on the hardware before or after starting the software running - I also habitually turn on the hardware before starting EigenD, but there is no reason why you shouldn't start EigenD and then turn on your base station.

I hope that helps,

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: prstorms

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:08:03 +0000 GMT

Any value in switching over to 1.0.12? 1.0.10 allowed a smooth install on OS 10.5.8, and aside from the missing sound file, life is good.

written by: barnone

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:17:23 +0000 GMT

If you read the release notes, there are some bug fixes. Some for things I did notice like difficulting changing scales and improvements to scroll buttons, etc...

I will say to install over the old version. Any user setups will be preserved. The Alpha does not open as the default setup though, so you have to choose it after it starts.

Not sure if there is a way to pick the default loaded setup.

written by: stuwyatt

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:58:12 +0000 GMT

I might be wrong, but if you save the alpha setup as user1, next time you run EigenD, it will default to that user1 setting on startup. It seems to work that way for my Pico.

[Edit] Thanks for the clarification below gbevin

written by: geert

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:54:01 +0000 GMT

What I found is that it automatically loads the last setup you loaded in the last run of EigenD. So just saving as user1 isn't sufficient, you have to load it also ... this implies that you first load another setup and then user1, otherwise it doesn't execute the load since it's already the active setup.

HTH,

Geert

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:16:47 +0000 GMT

Hi prstorms,

It is of course up to you whether you decide to update to the latest version of EigenD (1.0.12 at time of writing).

The bug fixes of note are: -

* The scroll keys have been redesigned
* Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.x) installation problems have been fixed

Please note that you will need to do a full install to correct Tiger installation problems.

Sam

written by: prstorms

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:52:50 +0000 GMT

I did the 1.0.12 upgrade, which seems to have eliminated the Alchemy issue (maybe it was just another run at an install that fixed it). I do have a question, though... do I turn on the hardware BEFORE starting the software, or after? My habit has been to turn on the hardware, then fire up EigenD. I've noticed EigenD freezing on startup, and can often resolve that by recycling the hardware (flipping the thing off, then on). Is there a recommended procedure?

Thanks!
Pat

Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:38:11 +0000 GMT

Hi prstorms,

It should not make any difference whether you turn on the hardware before or after starting the software running - I also habitually turn on the hardware before starting EigenD, but there is no reason why you shouldn't start EigenD and then turn on your base station.

I hope that helps,

Sam

Please log in to join the discussions