Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Alpha Unboxing Video ..

Most Recent

written by: prstorms

My strap seems to work just fine.

written by: Foveus

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:26:18 +0000 GMT

Here is my first attempt at an unboxing video .. I figured the Alpha deserved something like this .. especially after waiting so long for it. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.vimeo.com/8721171

written by: barnone

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:09:12 +0000 GMT

Judging by the ending you got it all running and everything is good.

Greats stuff and glad to have another Alpha around.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:07:23 +0000 GMT

Yes, it seems to be running smoothly .. the only problem I have now is with the strap. The nub that the clip attaches too on the waist has completely come off. I have retrieved 3 washers from the contraption and can't figure out how to reattach it. One of the washers seems to be warped a bit.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:12:32 +0000 GMT

Oh damn, same thing happened to me. I considered it a fluke and haven't reported it, but sounds like they were all manufactered that way.

Luckily I have tools so I simply put it on an anvil and used a metal punch to set the back of the rivet. Whoever makes the strap obviously forgot that step.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:15:50 +0000 GMT

I will respond to my own post because I think I just figured out the strap issue. The funny looking beetle-esque washer/clip needs to be inserted last and wedged into its groove with a significant amount of force and coordination. Hopefully this will hold for a while.

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:07:39 +0000 GMT

Is it a c-clip? looks like a c? I'm sure mine flew across the room and is lost forever.

oh well...it's never coming off. Thank god cause when I'm doing windmills on stage I don't want that little bugger to blow. ;)

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:59:33 +0000 GMT

Well it just happened again and this time I can't find the little clip on washer .. so I guess I can't use the strap unless I can find that washer at a hardware store .. (or perhaps Eigenlabs would be nice enough to send me a strap that actually works .. hint hint).

For the 30 minutes that I used the Alpha with the strap I have to say I really liked it ... much more lively and fun than sitting. I wonder when I will be able to stand again ....

written by: aaronw

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:13:27 +0000 GMT

Hi guys,

We have managed to reproduce the problem you had with your strap and are now in the process of doing a small redesign. We will send out new straps to you as soon as we can.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:07:53 +0000 GMT

Aaron,

Don't worry about me. I appreciate it but my strap is just fine now. If I have any further issues we can deal with it then.

Chris

written by: prstorms

Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:44:45 +0000 GMT

My strap seems to work just fine.

Please log in to join the discussions