Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Help!!

Most Recent

written by: catoro

Thanks for the video... It was very informative, I like the way you described the unboxing procedure...

Can't wait for future video of you playing and giving some impresions.

Regards.

Carlos

written by: Foveus

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 03:15:56 +0000 GMT

I received my Alpha a few hours ago and am quite disappointed that I can't easily get it to work. I installed the software, connected all the cables, and turned it on. The only light that blinks is the main mode key (bottom right) .. it slowly blinks green. That is all that happens .. no other key is responsive, lights up or makes a sound.

The light on the base station is green. EigenD 1.0.9 is running and only the first box is green on the performance meter on the Mac.

I've read the manual and watched the tutorial and nothing seems to help solve this problem. Perhaps there is something simple I am missing??

Please help .. this is frustrating after all the money spent and time waiting for this instrument.

written by: barnone

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:45:09 +0000 GMT

You got it! Nice.

Let me boot up mine and try to help. Did you install the software from a download or by running the installer that was on the USB key? Reason I ask is that mine came with 1.0.10 which is a version later and might be specific to the Alpha.

Seems that when the base station is running but eigenD is not connected you get slow flashing green bottom corner or Alpha. This is what you have, so issue is that EigenD did not connect. USB cord is properly connected right?

After you run eigenD, at the end of the long startup sequence, the Alpha will flash a bit then end up with 4 amber lights second row from bottom and one red bottom opposite corner from the original green.

I suspect you need to install 1.0.10. Open the browser from EigenD. In the EigenD menu (regular apple menu left top) select About EigenD. It should be version 1.0.10.

The other thing to try is Under EigenD menu (says Running) upper right...choose Load->Factory->Alpha->1. Shouldn't have to do this but worth a shot.

If this was no help. Support is very good and I'm sure they will straighten you out promptly.

written by: aaronw

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:56:04 +0000 GMT

Hi Foveus

Barnone is correct, on the USB stick you should have 1.0.10 which includes the set ups for the Alpha. 1.0.9 is for the Pico only and does not have any Alpha setups so it will not work.

Can you please check what is on your USB stick and let me know?

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Services

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:31:55 +0000 GMT

Well apparently I was absent from school the day they taught numbers. I mistakenly saw the 1.0.9 version on the website and immediately assumed it was higher than 1.0.10 (.9 is higher than .1 .. slightly misleading on first glance). I have deleted 1.0.9 and now I see lights on the Alpha ... eureka!

Thanks for the help.

written by: geert

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:46:49 +0000 GMT

Foveus, you mention in a comment on barnone's blog that you recorded the unboxing on video. Mind posting it on youtube?

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:11:14 +0000 GMT

I second Geert...I would really like to see the unboxing video..

Carlos

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:03:39 +0000 GMT

I most certainly did video tape it, with no less than 6 cameras simultaneously! Give me some time to edit each of the perspectives into a single useful video and I will post it on youtube or elsewhere.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:04:34 +0000 GMT

Wow, awesome, can't wait for it! :-)

written by: barnone

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:30:10 +0000 GMT

You guys are gear whores! But I totally understand.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:24:15 +0000 GMT

OK here it is .. the unboxing!

http://www.vimeo.com/8721171

Enjoy.

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:45:57 +0000 GMT

Thanks a lot for doing this, I'm so jealous! I think I'll be cracking for an Alpha soon :-)

Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:14:28 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the video... It was very informative, I like the way you described the unboxing procedure...

Can't wait for future video of you playing and giving some impresions.

Regards.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions