Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: All Midi Setup

Most Recent

written by: alasnoaxis

I just bought the Pico with big MIDI CC dreams - I know, it's a great instrument on it's own, but I have spent 5 years+ building one patch in Reaktor that I designed around the way I improvise -- I just want the PICO to deliver MIDIwise to same level of control found in it's native patches - in terms of x-y-z button control and being able to send polyphonic AT messages or individual CTRL CC's, a bi-directional control strip MIDI send, etc.

Is Bidule an answer to this? or will "Workbench" be a better solution?

written by: geert

Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:31:28 +0000 GMT

@axiomcrux, this FAQ might be useful: http://www.eigenlabs.com/faq/eigend/how-do-i-route-the-eigenharps-controllers-eg-stri/

When you use activate parameter 3 (pressure) for a certain Audio Unit parameter, you should get it to work. Note though that this works at the level of audio unit parameters, it doesn't automatically generate MIDI CC messages. So you either need to do that conversation yourself (which I do in Bidule and I'll post a how-to about that soon), or you'll have to activate the knob or value of your audio unit as a 'host automation' parameter, which is usually exported as an audio unit parameter and thus is available through this grid mapping.

written by: alasnoaxis

Thu, 3 Jun 2010 23:53:54 +0100 BST

I just bought the Pico with big MIDI CC dreams - I know, it's a great instrument on it's own, but I have spent 5 years+ building one patch in Reaktor that I designed around the way I improvise -- I just want the PICO to deliver MIDIwise to same level of control found in it's native patches - in terms of x-y-z button control and being able to send polyphonic AT messages or individual CTRL CC's, a bi-directional control strip MIDI send, etc.

Is Bidule an answer to this? or will "Workbench" be a better solution?

Please log in to join the discussions