Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Allowing use of all 18 keys?

Most Recent

written by: stuwyatt

John> If there is a way that the current midi options can be expanded through the use of belcanto, then I would be very interested in this. I've already set up a Korg Nano Pad to change keys/scales... but it would be great to be able to configure the midi control to do other cool things :)

written by: john

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:54:00 +0000 GMT

He's driving Quartz Composer via MIDI, which for what he needs is quite satisfactory for now. You'll notice that in the newest unstable releases EigenD now creates it's own virtual MIDI in and out busses on the Mac - this was implemented to support closer integration with Quartz Composer without needing to set up an IAC bus, which is hard to do in an installer. It has the nice side effect of making wider MIDI interoperability that bit easier as well.

And I agree, you really need to see Stuart's stuff live. I had a play with one of his patches, projected on a screen in a dark room, and it was amazingly compelling. One could waste quite a bit of life just noodling about with it...

John

written by: geert

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:56:45 +0000 GMT

Heh, you know what, I just realized I could play a sampler instrument and the midi out instrument at the same time. The midi out one not making any sound but driving Quartz Composer instead. :-)

written by: john

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:34:30 +0000 GMT

Yes, and you can drive Quartz Composer and Ableton from the same MIDI out as well - Stuart does this quite a bit - the video synthesis then follows the notes/arpeggios you play (or vice versa in Stuarts case).

written by: stuwyatt

Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:13:22 +0000 GMT

John> If there is a way that the current midi options can be expanded through the use of belcanto, then I would be very interested in this. I've already set up a Korg Nano Pad to change keys/scales... but it would be great to be able to configure the midi control to do other cool things :)

Please log in to join the discussions