Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Tutorial: Basic chords on the Pico

Most Recent

written by: geert

Noticed that in my hurry to get this out before the holidays, I somehow managed to say B minor instead of B diminished throughout this whole tutorial ... and mindlessly created the associated graphics based on what I heard. I updated the video and the PDF to correct this. Sorry for any confusion that this might have caused.

Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:40:06 +0000 GMT

Hi everyone,

As promised during last week's get together, here's a tutorial about playing basic chords on the Pico. Hope you'll like it: http://eigenzone.org/2009/12/20/eigenharp-pico-learning-chords/

Take care,

Geert

written by: laurence

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:36:28 +0000 GMT

Geert,
many thanks, the tutorial is excellent, good for newcomers like me, and I'm sure also useful for more experienced musicians.
The pdf and the diagrams showing the keys you are playing are especially good and make it much easier to follow. Have you thought of writing a 'Pico for Dummies ' book ?

Cheers,
Laurence

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:06:03 +0000 GMT

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you find the tutorial useful. A 'Pico for Dummies' book is an intriguing idea. Sadly though, I've written large parts of two books in the past and I know that I'm not a writer. I actually don't like typing and editing text. However, I love creating and editing multimedia material. So what I might start working on is a 'Pico for Dummies' video training with relevant PDF files that can be printed out. It also seems to me that it will be much easier to explain a lot of the non obvious parts through screencasts, videos and soundbytes as opposed to written text. What do you think?

Take care,

Geert

written by: laurence

Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:44:25 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert,
I agree multimedia material is more useful than a book, the only advantage I find with a book is that you can go at your own pace and go back over areas more easily.
I would find more video training useful , and I expect there will be more demand soon from people who have bought a Pico at Xmas.

Cheers,

Laurence

Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:15:42 +0000 GMT

Hi Laurence,

Totally correct, that's why I'm thinking of doing multimedia + printable PDFs summaries for self-study, just as for the chords now. This should give the best of both worlds, no?

Take care,

Geert

written by: gazgoldstar

Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:38:56 +0000 GMT

Well done Geert for your excellent tutorial video. I am highly impressed by your skills as a teacher of Pico skills! Also your English is excellent too! Thanks for taking the trouble to do that as although I am aware of the musical aspects of chord construction etc, just having someone do all the work mapping out the chords will certainly save me some time plus it has inspired me to create some new chord progressions.

Brilliant, keep 'em coming!

Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:39:26 +0000 GMT

Noticed that in my hurry to get this out before the holidays, I somehow managed to say B minor instead of B diminished throughout this whole tutorial ... and mindlessly created the associated graphics based on what I heard. I updated the video and the PDF to correct this. Sorry for any confusion that this might have caused.

Please log in to join the discussions