Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: need help with pico

Most Recent

written by: catoro

As kayla pointed out, the eigenguys are working on some issues related to old mac os versions, however there is something you can try.

remove all (including the contest of the pi directory that should be hidden under your usr folder), that is the files under eigend in your applications and the eigenlabs folder under your user/library.
Install version 1.0.12 (complete version) and update to version 1.0.14.

this will give you a clean installation , give it a try as it may work.

cheers.

Carlos

written by: Alfareese

Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:29:25 +0000 GMT

when I load the application it says:
problems during startup audio unit "alchemy"
(id"aumuCaC2CamA" not found
so i only get the first 3 instruments and the cello and nothing else. I have tried updating the software from your site but it still doesn't work
I am not that familiar with macs (using my girlfriends until the pc support comes hopefully soon.
also from reading the posts if I click on browser (on the mac at the top when eigen d is running is something supposed to happen?
please help I get nothing

written by: melaniew

Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:57:01 +0000 GMT

I am having the exact same problem with my Pico. I am running Mac OS 10.1.4. Do you think the older version of the OS is the problem?

Also, I encounter some playback delay intermittently. Is there a button I might be hitting by accident that is a delay effect? Or is my computer just too slow? :)

Thanks! It's a wonderful instrument! :)

written by: KaylaK

Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:59:02 +0000 GMT

There's another thread about this - I also am running 10.4.11 and it seems that anyone with older versions of Mac OS can't see the browser, bug reporter or Alchemy properly :(

EigenLabs are aware of the bug and very kindly looked at my actual Mac when I was down in London last week, so hopefully there will be a fix for it soon! *crosses fingers*

Kayla

written by: melaniew

Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:39:13 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the info, Kayla!
Happy Holidays!

written by: alan.mccornack

Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:02:51 +0000 GMT

Firstly, I would make sure that all software (Mac and EigenD v 1.0.14) is up to date (click on the Apple in the upper left and choose Software Update and let it look for online updates). Then in Finder, I would click on Applications - Utilities - Disk Utility and Repair Disk Permissions. The latest release probably will fix this bug anyway.

Whenever a Mac complains about missing files, it's probably time to repair the permissions. Some people never have to. Good luck.

I've had my Pico about a week, and think it's awesome. It's raining here in California on a Saturday morning. Guess I'll play!

Alan

written by: catoro

Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:19:36 +0000 GMT

As kayla pointed out, the eigenguys are working on some issues related to old mac os versions, however there is something you can try.

remove all (including the contest of the pi directory that should be hidden under your usr folder), that is the files under eigend in your applications and the eigenlabs folder under your user/library.
Install version 1.0.12 (complete version) and update to version 1.0.14.

this will give you a clean installation , give it a try as it may work.

cheers.

Carlos

Please log in to join the discussions