Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: A low resource custom setup...?

Most Recent

written by: tinpark

Hi, congratulations on the Pico, it is a real step forwards for creative electronic musicians. Thank you!

I'd really like to know if it is possible to create a setup that ONLY loads midiOUT functionality and ignores the rest. I don't need the EIGEND sound-system at the moment as I make my own software in MaxMSP. My CPU gets hot and I loose quite a bit of ram with EIGEND. To run my custom setup to send midi out, it uses up 35% of my CPU, 2.5GB of virtual memory and 580MB of RAM. It also takes a long time to load. Is there a way to bypass or not load the majority of functions? Forgive me if this is obvious but I can't find it in the tutorials.

I'm running 10.5.8, Macbook Pro 2.33 with 2GB.

Many thanks
Martin~

written by: tinpark

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:58:01 +0000 GMT

Hi, congratulations on the Pico, it is a real step forwards for creative electronic musicians. Thank you!

I'd really like to know if it is possible to create a setup that ONLY loads midiOUT functionality and ignores the rest. I don't need the EIGEND sound-system at the moment as I make my own software in MaxMSP. My CPU gets hot and I loose quite a bit of ram with EIGEND. To run my custom setup to send midi out, it uses up 35% of my CPU, 2.5GB of virtual memory and 580MB of RAM. It also takes a long time to load. Is there a way to bypass or not load the majority of functions? Forgive me if this is obvious but I can't find it in the tutorials.

I'm running 10.5.8, Macbook Pro 2.33 with 2GB.

Many thanks
Martin~

Please log in to join the discussions