Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: The rubber gaskets (a cautionary tale)

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi Catoro,

The gaskets are not standard, the people at Eigenlabs told me that explicitly. Just send an email to support, they should provide you with replacements.

Take care,

Geert

written by: mzappile

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 02:17:15 +0000 GMT

I just found out that the 2 rubber gaskets on the mouthpiece are VERY important.
The inner gasket had broken, and I put the mouthpiece back in the Pico (without the broken gasket)...
The sensitivity of the Pico then went out of wack.

So... the lesson, be careful with the two gaskets in the mouthpiece.

(And Eigenlabs guys, are the rubber gaskets a standardized size i can get at a
hardware store? If not, how can I get my hands on replacements? Thanks!)

-Matt Z

written by: catoro

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 08:44:02 +0000 GMT

Hello Matt...

They look pretty much standard to me, but I cannot be 100% sure...lets wait for the tech answer as this could be an interesting spare part to have.

Indeed they act as pressure seals, so it makes sense that the sensitivity could be compromised.

Best.

Carlos

written by: steveelbows

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:40:36 +0000 GMT

It would be useful to know what size the o-rings are in case we ever need to source spares independently of eigenlabs.

written by: aaronw

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 18:27:02 +0000 GMT

Hi Matt,

I am sorry you have had this problem, yes they are a very important part!

I have sent new O rings to you via UPS, which you should get in a couple of days. Hopefully you wont have this problem again!

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

written by: mzappile

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:55:37 +0000 GMT

Thanks Aaron, appreciate it

written by: bluedonkey

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:57:01 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I've noticed that the gaskets on my pico are starting to crack. They havn't broken yet but it's just a matter of time.

I think a source of where to get these is needed.

All the best

Kevin

written by: laurence

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:10:37 +0000 GMT

I've just broken one, one of the small ones sealing the mouthpiece , can we order these ? , a few would be useful ready for future breakages .

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:18:33 +0000 GMT

Hi Kevin,

In the new year we will be adding a 'spares' section to the shop on our website where you will be able to buy spare parts for your instrument.

If your O rings do fail before then please let me know and I can arrange new ones to be sent to you.

Thanks

Aaron
Customer Services

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:58:22 +0000 GMT

Hi Laurence,

I have arranged for a new set of O rings to be sent to you via UPS today.

Regards

Aaron
Customer Services

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:26:15 +0000 GMT

Hmmm, one of my O rings is starting to break also. This does happen quite quickly if you consider that I've not even had the Pico for 3 weeks. Aaron, since I'm visiting you guys on Thursday, is it possible to have replacement O rings ready to take back with me while I'm there?

Thanks,

Geert

written by: laurence

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:59:44 +0000 GMT

Many thanks Aaron

written by: catoro

Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:10:40 +0000 GMT

Hi guys... I´m really sad, one of the small gaskets in my mouthpiece is completely broken, I can still play, but a closer look revealed that one of the big ones (the ones at the end) is staring to follow the same fate.
I can still play, but I guess this won't be for too long.
I have my Pico since november and I do play every day, so I guess this part should definitely be listed as spare and sold accordingly as it fails after sometime.
I have no problem in buying spare gaskets from time to time, being a guitar player for 20 years makes me buy strings coming in packages of 10 sets so i don't mind buying some spares for my beloved pico.
I think the gaskets are pretty much standard, but I would prefer to obtain them directly from the manufacturer... in the meantime could I get at least a set for fixing a problem that I'm positive I will have pretty soon?

Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:25:22 +0000 GMT

Hi Catoro,

The gaskets are not standard, the people at Eigenlabs told me that explicitly. Just send an email to support, they should provide you with replacements.

Take care,

Geert

Please log in to join the discussions