Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Better support for specific audio unit instruments

Most Recent

written by: Lowdene

I read somewhere the demo version of CdXtract has problems. I use it too and have had no problems with any conversions. While we're on the subject of sample-related software, If you're at all interested in creating your own sample instruments take a look at the Redmatica products. They are amazing tools. KeyMapPro is the flagship, but if you're interested in creating sample instruments from your analogue synths, ROMplers, or even software instruments, AutoSampler literally does this automatically at the press of a button and the first-time quality and playability is staggering.

Nick

written by: geert

Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:57:22 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering of you guys are reaching out to virtual instrument makers like Spectrasonics to see if some of the expressiveness improvements of the Pico could somehow be better supported. For instance, when playing an audio unit, the pitch bend is always global. So when you do a vibrato or pitch bend on a single key on an Eigenharp, all the notes of that instrument are changed anyway as on a keyboard.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,

Geert

written by: john

Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:33:46 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert

Its our big misson in 2010 - most Au instruments make it almost impossible to get the most out of an Eigenharp in the way that native EigenD instruments can, but we think that there is a nice development path that will make this possible for many instrument writers to adapt their Au's to work very well with the Eigenharp quite easily.

John

Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:25:36 +0000 GMT

Cool, really looking forward to this!

written by: scrussey

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:39:51 +0000 GMT

I am too - I have to say that the few soundfonts outside of EigenD that I've tried have been very disappointing....

are there any new sounds planned?

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:45:20 +0000 GMT

Try the Cadenza Strings soundfont, I'm really liking it: http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/file-detail/cadenza-strings-sf2-655.html

The thing is that of course non commercial sound fonts are probably not of the same quality as the sounds that Eigenlabs licensed for shipping with the Pico. I'm pretty sure that you can find good quality commercial sound fonts out there.

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:56:49 +0000 GMT

You can also use CDXtract (available from CdXtract) to convert from many other sample file formats (such as ESX24 of Kontact) to Soundfont. We use this all the time to covert ESX24 sample sets for Logic to use with EigenD. You can also use the Logic sample editor to build your own sampler files then convert them using this tool.

There are thousands of great commercially available sample sets that you can use in this way.

John

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:00:44 +0000 GMT

FWIW John, I had trouble with the demo version of CdXtract, I couldn't get a single patch to be converted from Kontakt 4, even though they claim you're allowed to convert the first one.

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:13:01 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert

Have you called Bernard (he's a very nice chap, French, living in Florida) to ask him what the problem is? We use it all the time to convert from ESX24 and it works fine, though I've never tried it personally with Kontakt 4. His library code is in an awful lot of very good products though, so it's possible that its a problem with the demo version only.

John

written by: Lowdene

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:09:51 +0000 GMT

I read somewhere the demo version of CdXtract has problems. I use it too and have had no problems with any conversions. While we're on the subject of sample-related software, If you're at all interested in creating your own sample instruments take a look at the Redmatica products. They are amazing tools. KeyMapPro is the flagship, but if you're interested in creating sample instruments from your analogue synths, ROMplers, or even software instruments, AutoSampler literally does this automatically at the press of a button and the first-time quality and playability is staggering.

Nick

Please log in to join the discussions