Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Has anyone got their Tau working on windows 10 ?

Most Recent

written by: stuwyatt

I'm using the Tau with the standard EigenD installation on a Windows 10 installation, using the Boss RC-505 as the ASIO interface, and Ableton Live as the host.

The only issues I came across was when trying to use jBridge to use the 64 bit EastWest Play plugin in EigenD (it crashed EigenD each time). I overcame this by using LoopBE to output the Midi internally into Live.

written by: polymoog

Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:14:33 +0100 BST

Ive Not used my Tau for A few Years as life and business has got in the way.
Now im semi retired i have more time to devote to learning this instrument... However.
Last time i was using windows 7 or 8 and never had a problem but now im on windows 10 with the same laptop i cant get it to work at all.
Ive tried the latest stable version ive wiped it and used the original version from memory stick,
Ive tried changing drivers an reinstalling them. nothing
Device manager in windows says driver is not available or Windows 10 / PSU-MM drivers missing

So can anybody help as i din't want to go back to win7 just to play my Tau.
THanks

Mon, 24 Sep 2018 17:16:27 +0100 BST

Im using a Steinberg usb UR242 Audio Interface if that makes any difference.
Thanks

Mon, 1 Oct 2018 16:08:43 +0100 BST

Hello anybody There??

written by: john

Mon, 1 Oct 2018 16:18:00 +0100 BST

Your best bet for Windows 10 is Technobear's community release. There is a forum thread announcing this here:

TheTechnobear's community 2.1.7 release

It is reported to work very well, though I have not heard anything about Windows 10. You might want to try the G+ Eigenharp forum, there are a number of active players there who may be able to help.

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:19:21 +0100 BST

sorry, as John mentioned, I tend to hang out on the G+ forum, as do other users, (as we don't get notifications of new topics here)

yes, my 2.1.7 release works on windows 10... Ive tested with Pico, Tau and Alpha.

In fact I just retested with all the latest windows 10 updates installed, just in case Microsoft had thrown a spanner in the works..
but all was still good !

you should make sure you download and install the latest windows drivers from here:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/eigend-windows-drivers-1010/

this is where I installed from ( they may be newer than the ones you have on your stick!?)

once installed you can then plug in your tau, and then use device manager to make sure the tau is recognised.
you should hear the normal windows driver loading sound when you plug in.
then start eigend and tau factory setup, and then you should here again the window driver loading sound (as it does its second initialisation)

perhaps if you can try installing 2.1.7, and also re-install the windows drivers from the link.
hopefully that will resolve your issues, if not pop over to G+ and we can dig in some more
(and there are a few more tau/windows users over there too, so can also help shed some light on potential issues)

written by: stuwyatt

Sun, 11 Nov 2018 16:34:19 +0000 GMT

I'm using the Tau with the standard EigenD installation on a Windows 10 installation, using the Boss RC-505 as the ASIO interface, and Ableton Live as the host.

The only issues I came across was when trying to use jBridge to use the 64 bit EastWest Play plugin in EigenD (it crashed EigenD each time). I overcame this by using LoopBE to output the Midi internally into Live.

Please log in to join the discussions