Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Case for the pico?

Most Recent

written by: KaylaK

I'd like to order one but the shipping works out at £8 on checkout ... is this right for shipping within the UK or is there a way to have it posted through Royal Mail instead?

Thanks very much!

Kayla

written by: catoro

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:03:02 +0000 GMT

The cardboard case is a cool feature, however for us in the road planning to use the Eigenharp live it will be apreciated to have something more durable.
I guess for the price tag is ok, but I kind of miss the option to buy one directly from the manufacturer.

Any chance to get one from eigenlabs?

anyway, I was thinking in the meantime to make one myself, it won´t be difficult and I´m planning to use the internal foam-like material (Replacing only the cardboard with a wooden enclosure).

Does someone tried to fit the eigenlab inside, lets say a Gator case?
I´m sure Eigenlabs has more urgent matters (a win version of the software, improvements on the software itself, new features, etc) but I would love to protect my investment.

peace.

-c

written by: aaronw

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:23:18 +0000 GMT

Hi Catoro,

We are looking at a case which will look similar to the Eigenharp Alpha Hiscox case. We hope this will available in early 2010. We will let all our newsletter subscribers know when it becomes available so please do sign up!

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Service

Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:07:43 +0000 GMT

Aaron... any news about the case?

San Sebastian is a rainy city...

Best.

Carlos.

written by: aaronw

Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:09:07 +0000 GMT

Hi Carlos,

Our designer is in the process of getting samples in for a 'Pico Soft Case'. We hope to have a final product soon, I will post more news here when we have a confirmed release date.

Cheers

Aaron
Customer Support

Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:30:04 +0000 GMT

Thanks Aaron...I´ll b ready for buying one once it is available...

regards.

Carlos

written by: drliu

Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:52:57 +0100 BST

Any update on the Pico case? I'm hoping to get a tight, form-fitting soft case that adds minimal extra bulk but protects the Pico from scratches. Ideally it would have a pocket to put the USB connector so that the connector cannot scratch the Pico and does not require that the USB cable be disconnected from the end of the Pico. Thanks!

written by: john

Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:05:38 +0100 BST

A Pico case has been designed and is moving slowly towards production - we've had some tooling issues that have held us up but progress is now being made. We'll keep you posted...

John

written by: falvesjr

Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:41:57 +0100 BST

I see that a case is coming, but I just wanted to say that I received my Pico today and that I will definitely buy a case for it when they're available. I hope that day comes soon! =)

-Fernando

written by: gltovar

Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:28:59 +0100 BST

http://www.pelican.com/search.php they have this pick and pluck foam cases so you can customize it for what you need. I have the 1500 case, to put the computer in with the eigen harp... but the 1490 seems like it could be more than enough as well. The eigen harp is 33.5cm long. ( i think )

written by: falvesjr

Sun, 8 May 2011 23:50:37 +0100 BST

Hey Aaron,

Whatever happened to the case for the Pico you guys were working on? Is it ever coming out? =)

-Fernando

written by: karmacomposer

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:54:54 +0100 BST

SKB makes road cases of varying sizes with foam you sculpt to fit the instrument or whatever it is you are carrying. I have one that could easily fit the pico and a few other items. Check them out. The prices are really fair too.

Mike

written by: john

Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:36:00 +0100 BST

I have a confession to make - I have been using an old heavy duty walking sock and have found that it makes a splendid case. I believe that this hi tech approach has been used by quite a number of players - I was introduced to it by the first ever Eigenharp Pico owner, Kris, several months ago and have not looked back.

We do have a completed design for a smart case, but the cost was going to end up at around £100 which I thought was ridiculous (particularly as an old sock works quite so well) so we have put it on hold for now. And there are a number of sensible options (some listed here) if you need a hard case.

John

written by: neil

Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:17:36 +0100 BST

I have been trialling a softcase for about 1 year and carried it around in my eigenlabs laptop bag. As you are likely to carry your laptop around as well, it makes sense to do it that way. We are about to receive some soft bags into stock and will be looking at a deal price that will also include the eigenlabs padded laptop bag. As soon as the stock comes in, we will add it to the web accessory page - not a hard case, but considerably less expensive, lighter and not quite as dodgy as Johns old sock!

written by: neil

Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:22:53 +0100 BST

The new Pico bag is now on our accessory page. Also a special offer combined with the Eigenlabs laptop bag. Take a look here www.eigenlabs.com/store/category/accessories/

written by: KaylaK

Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:45:35 +0000 GMT

I'd like to order one but the shipping works out at £8 on checkout ... is this right for shipping within the UK or is there a way to have it posted through Royal Mail instead?

Thanks very much!

Kayla

Please log in to join the discussions