Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: USB Cables to use with Eigenharps Pico?

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Paulo

The Pico is quite fussy about its USB cable. This is because it draws close to the allowed power current (500mA ). Cables that are too long or have too fine a gauge wire (so produce too much voltage drop along their length) tend not to work. A good quality, max 3M cable with heavy gauge conductors will usually work well. Stay away from cheap cables and those with thin conductors.

John

written by: paugui

Mon, 26 Mar 2018 19:44:30 +0100 BST

Hi all

I am away from my studio and noticed that I forgot my USB cable for the Eigenharps Pico there...

I want to buy a new one for it, but after having problems with several cables for my iPad (lightning cables that aren't from Apple don't seem to last much more than few months...), I would like to know if there is a preferencial cable I should get for it, or if the Pico isn't that picky with the cables?

Any help would be highly appreciated, as I really want to get back at playing my Eigenharps Pico! :D

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Paulo

written by: john

Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:26:59 +0100 BST

Hi Paulo

The Pico is quite fussy about its USB cable. This is because it draws close to the allowed power current (500mA ). Cables that are too long or have too fine a gauge wire (so produce too much voltage drop along their length) tend not to work. A good quality, max 3M cable with heavy gauge conductors will usually work well. Stay away from cheap cables and those with thin conductors.

John

Please log in to join the discussions