Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Embarrassing unforseen design issue!

Most Recent

written by: john

The solution is to attach a piece of plastic pipe to the breath exhaust port on the bottom of the Pico. You can make this pipe as long as you like to carry the spit away. Any food safe plastic tube of the right diameter should be fine. We didn't supply a length as standard as our initial testing (being conducted in a beanbag free environment) did not reveal any issues.

We did actually design this in, and will shortly make lengths of suitable Tygon tube available as an accessory on the website. It'll be particularly useful when the new keyboard stand (sits the Pico above the knobs and buttons on an electronic keyboard) and keyboard players breath pipe come out (longer and different profile).

I do like Tom's solution though. It has the elegance of simplicity, although the alternative of standing clothed in the shower before playing avoids any sartorial issues.

John

written by: gazgoldstar

Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:40:49 +0000 GMT

Aaargh!

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. I have been enjoying laying back on my Fatboy beanbag and relaxing playing the Pico. This is great as not many high tech instruments allow you to do this. The slight problem I have found though is whilst doing this, the hole at the Pico's bottom where the saliva drips out from has been dropping into my crotch. When I stand up it looks like I have had a little "accident"!

written by: TomSwirly

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 04:54:26 +0000 GMT

If you look on page 137 in the reference manual, it discusses this issue and suggests the solution is to wear dark pants.

written by: john

Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:16:03 +0000 GMT

The solution is to attach a piece of plastic pipe to the breath exhaust port on the bottom of the Pico. You can make this pipe as long as you like to carry the spit away. Any food safe plastic tube of the right diameter should be fine. We didn't supply a length as standard as our initial testing (being conducted in a beanbag free environment) did not reveal any issues.

We did actually design this in, and will shortly make lengths of suitable Tygon tube available as an accessory on the website. It'll be particularly useful when the new keyboard stand (sits the Pico above the knobs and buttons on an electronic keyboard) and keyboard players breath pipe come out (longer and different profile).

I do like Tom's solution though. It has the elegance of simplicity, although the alternative of standing clothed in the shower before playing avoids any sartorial issues.

John

Please log in to join the discussions