Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Portable Pico

Most Recent

written by: pere

Was wondering whether there might be some instructions on coupling these bits? I have an organelle and a pico with an organelle recommended powered USB hub but I can;t seem to get breath control settings. I am probably missing something in terms of setting up MEC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My aim is to send MPE data to Axoloti. Many thanks, P

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 13 Sep 2017 18:09:55 +0100 BST

So, Ive had a dream for quite a while now.

Ive wanted my pico to be portable, to be something, I can just pick up and play away from the computer, sitting outside...

... and here it is, finally in a playable form.

Expressive Organelle ft Eigenharp Pico

a usb battery powered Organelle being driven by an Eigenharp Pico, with all its expressive goodness :)

In the first part, the synth is a pure data patch communicating with MEC (my app, talking to the pico) via OSC.... no midi limitations.

in the second part, I shift the synthesis over to an Axoloti board which is communicated via MIDI MPE.

all is bus powered, and running off a USB battery, which could run all day long... just plug some headphone in, and off you go.

note:
- yes, all eigenharp models work, I use the pico, as its obviously more portable.
- yes, this will also run on a rPI3 - id recommend an audio interface like the PiSound from blokas.io
- yes, mec is open source

... no, its not quite finished
Im adding a few more things to mec, like splits, led support, scales .

written by: pere

Thu, 28 Mar 2019 16:03:23 +0000 GMT

Was wondering whether there might be some instructions on coupling these bits? I have an organelle and a pico with an organelle recommended powered USB hub but I can;t seem to get breath control settings. I am probably missing something in terms of setting up MEC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My aim is to send MPE data to Axoloti. Many thanks, P

Please log in to join the discussions