Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Want to buy Tau cello spike

Most Recent

written by: john

I have to confess that I (or rather Eigenlabs) am the lucky purchaser of this 'Cello spike from Stuart. It sounds mad but we sold every single one of them we had and when we went to make some more we found that our tooling for the aluminium extrustions used had been lost by our contractor, so we couldn't make any more. We have the drawings but we don't even have a prototype to look at, so I'm going to have a look at seeing if there is some way we can make some more without re-commisioning £5000 of tooling and I really needed an actual example to look at to try and figure this out. I can't promise any kind of progress on this, but if there is any I'll be sure to let you know.

John

written by: Abhoth

Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:13:31 +0100 BST

A bit of a long shot, but would anyone have one for sale?

written by: stuwyatt

Mon, 14 Aug 2017 07:04:17 +0100 BST

Hi. I purchased a spike which I only used a handful of times. It cost ~£200 if I remember rightly. I was going to include it with the Tau that I'm going to be eventually selling, but I'm willing to part with it separately.

Feel free to email me on sdwyatt (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk

written by: Abhoth

Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:02:23 +0100 BST

Thanks for replying stuwyatt! As chance would have it, this one was destined for another home. So if anyone else should drop by with one for sale I am still looking.

written by: john

Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:28:19 +0100 BST

I have to confess that I (or rather Eigenlabs) am the lucky purchaser of this 'Cello spike from Stuart. It sounds mad but we sold every single one of them we had and when we went to make some more we found that our tooling for the aluminium extrustions used had been lost by our contractor, so we couldn't make any more. We have the drawings but we don't even have a prototype to look at, so I'm going to have a look at seeing if there is some way we can make some more without re-commisioning £5000 of tooling and I really needed an actual example to look at to try and figure this out. I can't promise any kind of progress on this, but if there is any I'll be sure to let you know.

John

Please log in to join the discussions