Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Help

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

@hamn, please detail exactly

a) what hardware you are running?
b) what version of Mac OS you are running? e.g. 10.12.3
c) what EigenD software you installed, versions and where you downloaded it from? what steps you took, and where did you get the first error... and what was it?

I know its frustrating/time consuming... and you think you tried everything , but please take heart - I have this running on 10.11 and 10.12, and others have installed recently - so its important we know exactly what your doing, as obviously something is slightly different.

from your posts , id say you are suffering from the fact Apple are trying to lock down applications, in particular where they install components and also apple are trying to get everything downloaded from the app store.
whilst I understand apple's reasons (most users use a fairly limited set of apps, and want a 'secure environment') , this is really not how 'open source' software works...its not really EigenD or Apples faults it just a conflict of interest for users.
anyway, in particular, I think the issues you have are :
i) you have a version installed, which you installed prior to upgrading to 10.11..
you can manually fix this, but frankly its better to install a newer version
(read the long thread on El Captain, about why this is the case)

ii) with a fresh install, you dont have permissions to install 'unidentified apps'
I gather this from:

>No versions of EigenD will load onto my Mac. During the installation of the community release (and all releases) the drive location to install the software is greyed-out.

are you saying when you run the install and you have to select the mac hard drive you can't?
can you install other software?
if so the issue could be two things:
a) your user does not have permission...
system prefs->users groups ... is your user an admin?

b) software is not signed
systems prefs -> security & privacy
unlock the panel, and ensure
'allow apps download from anywhere' is selected ... then run the install

if the option is not there (macOS sierra) , the you can enable it

see http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/

you can later set it back to app store identified developers if you wish... after you have RUN eigenD at least once

once you have done the above do a clean install... follow these exactly

download the community release from here:
https://github.com/TheTechnobear/EigenD/releases

1) download the following
you should download
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-mac-i386.pkg
and
EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1.pkg

2) READ the release notes...
( i spent time writing them, i assume users will read them)

3) install EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1.pkg

4) install EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-mac-i386.pkg

does each of these steps work? if one step doesnt STOP, and tell me what is the error.

(I run these on 10.11, and 10.12 and Ive not had any issues so far)

now try EigenD, does it now launch?
if not then try on the command line

/Applications/Eigenlabs/2.1.7-community/EigenD.app/Contents/MacOS/EigenD

does this give an error, if so what is it....

written by: hman

Wed, 8 Feb 2017 03:15:30 +0000 GMT

I updated my Mac and now it shows that EigenD "won't work under this configuration" have not been able to play any of my tunes in over a year and I'm getting pretty bummed out. ... Not sure what ton do...

What do I do? I really need nay songs back. Any advise?

written by: GoneCaving

Wed, 8 Feb 2017 09:31:14 +0000 GMT

Which version of EigenD? Which version of the OS?

It's probably worth installing the community release.

Thu, 9 Feb 2017 00:58:50 +0000 GMT

No versions of EigenD will load onto my Mac. During the installation of the community release (and all releases) the drive location to install the software is greyed-out. I have two Macs- my old one which no longer runs EigenD--I updated to El Capitan and since then nothing has worked properly, and I even resorted back to the old operating system and still nothing works. I just purchased a new Mac thinking that maybe I'd finally get my Eigenharp songs to work...but EigenD doesn't work. I have tried to install every possible version and none work.

Thu, 9 Feb 2017 08:35:26 +0000 GMT

"thank you for call, all our psychics are busy right now...."

Seriously, you'll have to give us a bit more to go on than "doesn't work", if you want help. Follow the instructions in the community release release notes. Then check to see if there are files under /usr/local/pi. Then tell us if you can launch EigenD. If that works, then please tell us what isn't working. In precise terms.

Thu, 9 Feb 2017 16:17:20 +0000 GMT

The app EigenD won't launch. The app icon has a grayed-out circle with a line through it and it wont launch. There's nothing else to report because it's not letting me do anything. If I try to reload the software the destination drives are all grayed-out too, so it won't even reload. And I have received a message saying something like "Eigen D can't run in this configuration"

Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:29:18 +0000 GMT

Which version of OSX, what hardware? Can you try opening the app from a terminal?

So something like:
open /Applications/Eigenlabs/2.1.3-community/EigenD.app/Contents/MacOS/EigenD

and send on the output from the terminal window.

written by: TheTechnobear

Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:19:58 +0000 GMT

@hamn, please detail exactly

a) what hardware you are running?
b) what version of Mac OS you are running? e.g. 10.12.3
c) what EigenD software you installed, versions and where you downloaded it from? what steps you took, and where did you get the first error... and what was it?

I know its frustrating/time consuming... and you think you tried everything , but please take heart - I have this running on 10.11 and 10.12, and others have installed recently - so its important we know exactly what your doing, as obviously something is slightly different.

from your posts , id say you are suffering from the fact Apple are trying to lock down applications, in particular where they install components and also apple are trying to get everything downloaded from the app store.
whilst I understand apple's reasons (most users use a fairly limited set of apps, and want a 'secure environment') , this is really not how 'open source' software works...its not really EigenD or Apples faults it just a conflict of interest for users.
anyway, in particular, I think the issues you have are :
i) you have a version installed, which you installed prior to upgrading to 10.11..
you can manually fix this, but frankly its better to install a newer version
(read the long thread on El Captain, about why this is the case)

ii) with a fresh install, you dont have permissions to install 'unidentified apps'
I gather this from:

>No versions of EigenD will load onto my Mac. During the installation of the community release (and all releases) the drive location to install the software is greyed-out.

are you saying when you run the install and you have to select the mac hard drive you can't?
can you install other software?
if so the issue could be two things:
a) your user does not have permission...
system prefs->users groups ... is your user an admin?

b) software is not signed
systems prefs -> security & privacy
unlock the panel, and ensure
'allow apps download from anywhere' is selected ... then run the install

if the option is not there (macOS sierra) , the you can enable it

see http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/

you can later set it back to app store identified developers if you wish... after you have RUN eigenD at least once

once you have done the above do a clean install... follow these exactly

download the community release from here:
https://github.com/TheTechnobear/EigenD/releases

1) download the following
you should download
EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-mac-i386.pkg
and
EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1.pkg

2) READ the release notes...
( i spent time writing them, i assume users will read them)

3) install EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1.pkg

4) install EigenD-gpl-2.1.7-community-mac-i386.pkg

does each of these steps work? if one step doesnt STOP, and tell me what is the error.

(I run these on 10.11, and 10.12 and Ive not had any issues so far)

now try EigenD, does it now launch?
if not then try on the command line

/Applications/Eigenlabs/2.1.7-community/EigenD.app/Contents/MacOS/EigenD

does this give an error, if so what is it....

Please log in to join the discussions