Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Mode Keys Not Responding

Most Recent

written by: antcarrier

Thanks so much for looking into that for me! I have migrated to a desktop computer (was previously on a MacBook Pro) running a slightly newer os 10.9, and have been using the main USB on the new machine. I've been a bit busy so haven't had much playing time this week, but so far I haven't encountered the issue. Will see how it goes - thanks again for your advice :)

Jon

Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:13:31 +0000 GMT

Hello,

I have recently got a Pico and have been having lots of fun with it. This morning all the 4 mode buttons suddenly stopped doing anything. I have restarted my computer and reopened EigenD (tried 2 different versions, stable + experimental), but no matter what the mode buttons won't do anything. The playing keys work fine - I just can't change octave or use any of the mode functions or metronome.

The buttons won't respond in the factory standard setup, or in a customised version of the MIDI basic setup in EigenD (that I mostly use). The lights still change when I change setup (standard setup = octave buttons are orange, metronome button is red, main mode key has no light). When I change to MIDI basic all button lights turn orange.

I am on MacOS 10.8.4, if this matters.

If anyone knows what I can do about this, it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Jon

Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:44:40 +0000 GMT

Well I'm happy to say that I solved my problem. I booted up the 64-bit community version of EigenD, which seemed to reset my Pico. It now works in all versions of EigenD again. For future reference - is there a 'hard reset' button hiding somewhere should something similar happen in the future? Thanks!

Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:44:22 +0000 GMT

The problem is back, but unfortunately rebooting it in the community version of EigenD is no longer resolving the issue. Does anyone have any ideas?

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:21:43 +0000 GMT

odd, that its the mode buttons only...
and if started working again, if its a hardware issue, then its intermittent.

I cant really think of any software reason though.. if you have tried different setups, and different versions of eigenD, its seems hard to think its software.

if your on 10.8.4, Id definitely try reinstalling an older eigenD release as they are compatible.
(im running 10.12, but dont know of any issues with 10.8... I did use it for quite a while on 10.7)

Id say you might want to email eigenlabs support in case it is hardware related

can you share the eigend.0.log,
(Tools-> open library directory , will help you find it )
upload to somewhere like drop box so I can download it.. dont post it here ;) perhaps there is a clue in the logs. (though honestly, I dont hold out much hope)

resetting pico ... when ever you remove the power (so unplug the USB) from the pico, it is 'reset' (afaik), since the 'running' firmware is uploaded when you connect it to eigenD.

sorry can be of more help
Mark

Thu, 26 Jan 2017 03:48:22 +0000 GMT

Hi Mark, thanks!

Bizarrely, when I booted it back up today it was working again - so I find this quite confusing!

I've attached a bunch of log files here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AopfHSYWG3DhgQaIeVBq96Fb6EpI
I don't think I have a clue what any of it means! ;) But thanks very much for having a look.

Next week I'll be migrating to a computer with a newer OS, so it will be interesting to see if this changes anything.

Cheers!

Jon

written by: TheTechnobear

Thu, 26 Jan 2017 23:21:33 +0000 GMT

ok, the only error i can see is:

> eigend: : RuntimeError : control_out err=e00002ed req 40:a0 from eigend-gpl/picross/pic_log.h:87 ()

this is happening when EigenD is attempting to upload the firmware to the pico via usb.
this would usually happen if your have an issue with your USB connection.

things to try:
- connect the pico directly to your mac , not via a hub
- try different usb ports on the mac
- try some other usb cables

(be aware the pico uses a lot of power, so on one of my laptops it only works on some of the usb ports)

Fri, 3 Feb 2017 04:39:02 +0000 GMT

Thanks so much for looking into that for me! I have migrated to a desktop computer (was previously on a MacBook Pro) running a slightly newer os 10.9, and have been using the main USB on the new machine. I've been a bit busy so haven't had much playing time this week, but so far I haven't encountered the issue. Will see how it goes - thanks again for your advice :)

Jon

Please log in to join the discussions