Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Mac OS Sierra (10.12) and EigenD

Most Recent

written by: fcolasanto

MUCHAS GRACIAS !!.

written by: TheTechnobear

Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:57:01 +0100 BST

Ive done some initial testing and EigenD seems to be ok with Sierra.
(with same known issues as 10.11/El Capitan)

Test platform:
- MBP
- macOS Sierra 10.12.0
- (EigenD community 2.1.2

tests conducted:
- EigenD with Pico and Alpha
- Workbench (superficial editing)
- Stage
- Eigenbrowser

issues;
- audio dropouts on Alpha headphone (same as 10.11)

good news... the fatal OS crash (10.11) from unplugging eigenharp before stopping EigenD, seems to have been fixed by Apple.
(perhaps all my logs reached the apple developers :))
This is huge for stability, since in 10.11, if EigenD crashed, it would take the whole OS with it!

I'll keep this post up to date with anything else I find...

summary: too early to say, everything is fine (need extended play sessions etc), but early indications are good... your probably wise to wait for a maintenance release of 10.12... unless you have a 'spare machine'

note: as far as I know all limitations due to 10.11, mentioned in the release notes on the above list still exist for 10.12 (as untested)

also, please note, I have not (and wont be) testing the EigenD install process. as I already have it installed.

important note: hardware manufactures and developers of daws/plugins are reporting issues with their products and macOS Sierra, so even if EigenD is ok, your other software may not be.

written by: bayanlab

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:37:29 +0100 BST

....Merci Merci ... Merci ..... thank you so much ... (pour tout se travail)... for your work.... (vraiment ).. sincerely... Eigenharp is so .. so ... so important...

Olivier ... (pour qui l'eigenharp est vraiment ... mais alors .. vraiment important ....)

amitiƩs

written by: bayanlab

Fri, 14 Oct 2016 23:23:31 +0100 BST

written by: fcolasanto

Mon, 2 Jan 2017 22:28:56 +0000 GMT

MUCHAS GRACIAS !!.

Please log in to join the discussions