Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Tau - Can't get any sound - missing software?

Most Recent

written by: logik

Update, hoping this helps someone else...

The video tutorials are out of date and the software download page is incomplete.

The problem was that the latest versions of eigend do not come with the bundled resources.

The software download page tells you to start out with the drivers, the runtime and EigenD, but makes no mention of the resources file you have to download too.

They are the last link on:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/state/resources/

So I installed those and now I get sound.

However, still can't seem to get Alchemy to find it's own libraries for some reason, but at least it's a start.

Fri, 11 Mar 2016 12:37:35 +0000 GMT

Hi,

I have a new Tau, I've put hours and hours into this and I am stumped. I simply cannot get any sounds out of EigenD with it.

I am on windows 10, I have several ASIO soundcards used for various things in the studio, from internal creative labs XFi to Digi boxes, to Rane boxes, and have tried them all. I can select them in the EigenD Audio settings window, set buffers, sample rates, and everything seems to work as expected - except no sound regardless of device. Have even tried DirectX configuration - still no sound.

I have had no issues with the drivers, connection, everything lights up as documented, when I launch EigenD, the buttons light up consistent with the tutorials and documentation for selecting instruments, key splits and everything, but absolutely no sound on any instrument.

I have tried 2.0.74 and 2.1.0, and yes, I have the drivers and runtime installed and they seem to be fine. I have tried the factory, example and experimental setups. No dice.

Have given up and installed on other comptuer, no dice.

Simply speaking, this does not work as demonstrated in the video tutorials or documentation.

My best guess is that in downloading the latest software, the previous sound libraries are not installed, so I downloaded the soundfonts, now I am stuck. No idea where to put them or how to make them available to EigenD. I have read everything on the documentation pages several times and this is not mentioned anywhere I can find.

I am completely stumped and the video tutorials appear to be wildly out of date with the existing software.

Help!

Any pointers or direction here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sat, 12 Mar 2016 02:08:42 +0000 GMT

Update, hoping this helps someone else...

The video tutorials are out of date and the software download page is incomplete.

The problem was that the latest versions of eigend do not come with the bundled resources.

The software download page tells you to start out with the drivers, the runtime and EigenD, but makes no mention of the resources file you have to download too.

They are the last link on:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/state/resources/

So I installed those and now I get sound.

However, still can't seem to get Alchemy to find it's own libraries for some reason, but at least it's a start.

Please log in to join the discussions