Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Using two Eigenharps on the same computer...

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

I do this with my Pico and Alpha on my setups.

Its actually very simple to do in workbench, assuming you want the pico to just a playing surface

simply:
a) take your normal tau setup.
b) save it with a new name ;)
c) open workbench
d) add pico keyboard
e) add new keygroup, adjust its keyboard layout as desired.
f) connect pico keyboard to keygroup, remember to connect the menu wire (? forgotten what its called!)
g) add new outlets to the keygroup, one for each existing rig
h) connect the keygroup outlets to rig
i) edit each wire from the keygroup to rig , and make it 'channel 10'

the last step is vital, and the non obvious step....
every keygroup has to have its data sent on a different 'wire channel'
if you edit the existing wires in the tau setup (from keygroup to rig) you will see each keygroup uses a different number.... you can use any number thats currently not in use, but I suggested 10, as the defaults setups don't have that many keygroups :)

with this, you will be able to select rigs on your pico and tau and play... if you want to to alter rigs settings (e.g. scales) this can be done on the tau.

an 'advanced' improvement , and the only thing I tend to do extra, is add octave change buttons to the pico. basically you just need to copy the 'octave talkers' and connect to keygroup. look at how its done on the pico setup, its not too difficult.

hope this helps... its not as daunting as it sounds :)

Mark

written by: Mumriken

Wed, 17 Feb 2016 08:02:44 +0000 GMT

Is it possible two use a pico and a tau connected to the same computer (using two USB ports of course)?

In that case, what would be a suitable setup?

Thanks for any advice in this issue!

written by: john

Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:02:51 +0000 GMT

Yes, you can connect as many Eigenharps to the same computer as you like. You'll have to build your own setup for this using Workbench as each one requires it's own internal Agents, but you can use that opportunity to customise the setup to suit your playing style as well. There are tutorials on that here: http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/2.1/Workbench/

John

written by: Mumriken

Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:40:51 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the answer, I will look into it the lined page!

/Lars

written by: GoneCaving

Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:46:46 +0000 GMT

A dual instrument setup is certainly possible, Antonio uses a dual-pico setup in one of his shows.

You'd have to build your own setup using Workbench (possibly using one of the Tau setups as a starting point), there's nothing like that in the standard setups.

written by: TheTechnobear

Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:16:53 +0000 GMT

I do this with my Pico and Alpha on my setups.

Its actually very simple to do in workbench, assuming you want the pico to just a playing surface

simply:
a) take your normal tau setup.
b) save it with a new name ;)
c) open workbench
d) add pico keyboard
e) add new keygroup, adjust its keyboard layout as desired.
f) connect pico keyboard to keygroup, remember to connect the menu wire (? forgotten what its called!)
g) add new outlets to the keygroup, one for each existing rig
h) connect the keygroup outlets to rig
i) edit each wire from the keygroup to rig , and make it 'channel 10'

the last step is vital, and the non obvious step....
every keygroup has to have its data sent on a different 'wire channel'
if you edit the existing wires in the tau setup (from keygroup to rig) you will see each keygroup uses a different number.... you can use any number thats currently not in use, but I suggested 10, as the defaults setups don't have that many keygroups :)

with this, you will be able to select rigs on your pico and tau and play... if you want to to alter rigs settings (e.g. scales) this can be done on the tau.

an 'advanced' improvement , and the only thing I tend to do extra, is add octave change buttons to the pico. basically you just need to copy the 'octave talkers' and connect to keygroup. look at how its done on the pico setup, its not too difficult.

hope this helps... its not as daunting as it sounds :)

Mark

Please log in to join the discussions