Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Eigenharp - how do I get one?

Most Recent

written by: RoniGBZ

Okay so I probably got to that page directly via a google search, which makes sense even if you've unlinked it or even deleted it because google saves everything.
However, you can very easily solve this problem if you just edit the page to include a big message in red and bold along the lines of "we don't sell through retailers anymore cause they're all bummers, please buy directly from us we're cool"

About the Alpha, I am interested, but right now it would be way way out of my budget, so I wouldn't want to waste your time. I'm sorry to say that even the pico is way out of my budget at this point, but I am still planning to get it after trying it for a bit.

By the way, I'm not even originally from the US, I'm from Israel, so I have no problems with you bashing American retailers. I'm going to spend the next two months here in NYC and figured it's much more likely to find an eigenharp enthusiast here than in my country.
If you happen to hear about anyone in the vicinity of NYC who has whichever eigenharp (pico, tau or alpha, I don't mind) and is willing for me to come to their humble abode and try it for myself, I would much appreciate if you give them my email - gbz.roni@gmail.com
I will also try out my luck here and the forum and on facebook.

Thanks a lot
Roni

Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:36:50 +0000 GMT

So I'm trying to clarify a few things about the eigenharp. Maybe you could help me:

1. Are you guys still in business? I visited the page - http://www.eigenlabs.com/retailers - and it says you have two retailers in the US, which is where I'm at now. I called both. One of them didn't know what the hell I was talking about, and the other told me that you are out of business.

2. Is there a place in the vicinity of NYC where I can try out a eigenharp? I've watched many videos of guys playing the eigenharp, but I still feel like I want to try it for myself, mainly because I'm an extremely poor musician and it would be hard for me to pay even for the pico.

Thanks a bunch
Roni

written by: john

Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:43:41 +0000 GMT

Dear Roni

Yes, we're still in business, we just don't sell through retailers any more so they usually tell people we've gone away, which is nice of them. We stopped supporting our dealer network two years ago for a number of reasons. The product liability insurance for the US became very expensive (you seem to have a very litigious retail environment in the US), the retailers themselves were a real pain to deal with (some were great but some were both very demanding and bad payers) and to finish it off we found that direct sales via the web were growing in volume and easy to service due to improvements in international shipping.

I'm not sure how you found that old page of retailers on our site, we thought we'd unlinked it everywhere, could you let me know how you came upon it? It would help me to remove it completely if you couldm it's just misleading if it's still there somewhere.

We sell Pico's and Tau's direct from stock, in the US you usually receive them within a week of purchase from our website. If you are interested in an Alpha please write to us directly, we make these in small batches, usually once a year and they are normally popular enough that the batch sells out in a week or two. We're just about to release a new batch, so if you are interested you have timed it well.

As far as trying one goes, your best bet is to ask on both our forums and on G+ to see if there is anyone local to you who owns one and would be prepared to let you have a go. Eigenharp owners are normally very helpful and there are quite a few in the NYC area.

John

Wed, 27 Jan 2016 15:25:23 +0000 GMT

Okay so I probably got to that page directly via a google search, which makes sense even if you've unlinked it or even deleted it because google saves everything.
However, you can very easily solve this problem if you just edit the page to include a big message in red and bold along the lines of "we don't sell through retailers anymore cause they're all bummers, please buy directly from us we're cool"

About the Alpha, I am interested, but right now it would be way way out of my budget, so I wouldn't want to waste your time. I'm sorry to say that even the pico is way out of my budget at this point, but I am still planning to get it after trying it for a bit.

By the way, I'm not even originally from the US, I'm from Israel, so I have no problems with you bashing American retailers. I'm going to spend the next two months here in NYC and figured it's much more likely to find an eigenharp enthusiast here than in my country.
If you happen to hear about anyone in the vicinity of NYC who has whichever eigenharp (pico, tau or alpha, I don't mind) and is willing for me to come to their humble abode and try it for myself, I would much appreciate if you give them my email - gbz.roni@gmail.com
I will also try out my luck here and the forum and on facebook.

Thanks a lot
Roni

Please log in to join the discussions