Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Alchemy full version

Most Recent

written by: Holger44867

Hi JDune, thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will try it...
Regards Holger

Sat, 26 Dec 2015 16:23:00 +0000 GMT

HI, I've downloaded new presets for alchemy. I want to install them into the Tau, but I need the full version of Alchemy. Where can I get this full version?

Thanks

written by: TheTechnobear

Sun, 27 Dec 2015 13:58:07 +0000 GMT

Camel Audio have been bought by Apple, who no longer sell Alchemy. instead it has been incorporated into Logic Pro X. so the only way to use Alchemy now, is if you have LPX, then you will have to send it midi. (no VST/AU available)

(note: Eigenlabs have only ever supplied Alchemy Player, not the full version)

I don't think you could even buy it on the secondhand market, as there is no way to legally transfer it to you.

of course there are a few alternative (though, none will load alchemy presets afaik), personally Im like UVI falcon which covers similar ground.

(i'll mention its a pretty advance synth/sampler so perhaps not the easiest of beginners)

Mon, 28 Dec 2015 18:46:34 +0000 GMT

Hi Technibear, thanks for your answer :-)

Now I want to link the Eigenharp TAU with Kontakt 5 (Native Instruments)

My Steps:
I have downloaded (Kontakt 5) as a trial version
I have installed Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 5 Player (no error)
I have started EigenD and loaded experimetal setup/tau/strummer
I opend EigenBrowser

and now in the browserwindow I couldn't see native instruments/Kontakt. There is only camel audio/ alchemy.!!!!

What I have done wrong? Thanks fpr your help

Regards Holger

written by: TheTechnobear

Mon, 28 Dec 2015 19:53:23 +0000 GMT

Menu -> tools -> Plugin Scanner

Thu, 31 Dec 2015 22:10:28 +0000 GMT

no, sorry, it doesen't work

Today I have installed Halion 4.5.4 for windows (64-bit).
I started EigenD/Tools/Plugin Scanner and added the Folder in which the halion 4.dll is saved. After scan the folder is listed in 'failed plugins', why?

I have no idea what's wrong...

written by: JDune

Sun, 3 Jan 2016 00:48:43 +0000 GMT

Hi Holger
Here are a couple of simple things that might help. (These are very simple; my apologies if I am "talking down" to you!).
First, programs like Kontakt and Halion can be installed in two forms: "stand-alone" versions that work completely independently, and are controlled by MIDI messages that can come from either outside instruments or from other computer programs. But Kontakt and Halion can also be installed as AU or VST "plug-ins" that insert themselves into and become part of larger or wrap- around programs. Commonly these "wrap-around" programs are called DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) because they provide functions beyond just generating sounds, like recording sounds and manipulating those recordings, etc. etc. Common DAWs include Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, and many more. (The Alchemy version provided with your Eigenharp functions only as a plug-in, not as an independent program.)

EigenD, the computer software that powers the Alpha and Tau, is somewhat of an odd beast in that it can act as a "wrap-around" socket for VST/AU plug-ins, sort of like a rudimentary DAW. OR it can translate the physical signals from the Tau and Alpha and turn them into MIDI signals that can trigger and control sounds from fully independent stand-alone programs (or external hardware, if routed properly.)

In order to get sound from an AU or VST plug-in, you have to install it into a location that EigenD can find (thus the Plug-In Scanner tool), but you also have to assign it to a specific AU "Rig" a task that easy using the Stage tool (with the EigenBrowser tool open at the same time).
The Workbench tool can get you there also, but is much more complicated.

To get sound from a stand-alone program, you need to address that program via a MIDI Rig. Again, using Stage to make the assignment is easy. Workbench much more complicated. Part of making the connection via a MIDI Rig is making sure that both the program and the Rig are talking on the same MIDI channel.

AU/VST plug-ins come in two flavors: 32 bit and 64 bit. EigenD software is only comfortable with 32 bit plug-ins. There are work arounds, but if you have access to 32 bit Halion, install that. Kontakt comes in both flavors, install the 32 bit plug-in on your computer and the Plug-in Scanner tool will find it.

In short: lots of variables. Suggest you try loading your sound-making programs as both plug-in and stand-alone programs initially, as your chance of immediately being able to access sounds goes WAY up. EigenD accesses both well, once you get used to it, but getting started can be frustrating.

You will find the "Factory Setups" provide more insight than the "Experimental" ones. Open the Stage program after you have loaded a Factory setup (and opened the Browse tool!)....

Finally, remember that regardless of how you installed the sound software, you much choose a specific Rig--either a specific MIDI rig or a specific AU/VST rig--in order to make the connection and generate sound. Which means pushing the proper lighted button on your Tau (or Alpha). For this, see the Getting Started booklet!

Sun, 3 Jan 2016 14:16:01 +0000 GMT

Hi JDune, thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will try it...
Regards Holger

Please log in to join the discussions