Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Eigentab : Not dead - a re-birth?

Most Recent

written by: jsn

Hi Micael - I will have a look at it when I get a chance, and let you know when I fix it.
About to be unemployed again so hopefully will actually get some time to fix/rewrite it.

-jsn-

Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:55:57 +0000 GMT

Dear friends - I had not realised that http://eigentab.net had disappeared of the Internet. I am going to restore it shortly (the domain registration had lapsed).

I have not upgraded or change Eigentab for several years - it ticked along being useful but never a full-blown tool. I am considering re-visiting it in the light of many things and am looking to solicit some requests for features from you if you would care to ?

As a re-cap (and for those of you unaware) Eigentab provides two pieces of functionality:
- a fully functional chord-sequence-to-eigenharp mapping tool, allowing a quick visualisation of the fingering required for a chosen key/scale/harp combination
- a functional, yet definitely-beta (ie. sensitive) , guitar-tab to eigenharp-tab (my proposed version) mapper (again for a chosen key/scale/harp combo). This was actually a smart implementation that tried to reduce finger movement...maybe a bit too clever

Personally, I use the first feature more than the second. And I was contemplating doing the following:
- providing log-in capabilities so users can store/share their eigentabs (this would make it online only, but I think that's OK these days?)
- making it prettier
- adding a "rotate fingering" feature to page through possible fingering - and/or allow users to select which fingers to highlight
- play-along on the harp - with some kind of timing data so that you can see the fingering appear on the harp using the LEDs
- not sure the guitar-tab to eigenharp-tab is useful? Might drop/implement later - but it might just be because guitar-tab is so inconsistent, it takes ages to edit

If you've used Eigentab, or would like to have some features, please let me know!

-jsn-

written by: keyman

Tue, 22 Dec 2015 23:37:39 +0000 GMT

Hi John

Happy you are bringing back Eigentab, eventually I was going to mention that it was not available in light of that post the other day and I had the strong feeling that i kept it safe for future use…

Makes perfect sense as you say, store/share users Eigentabs; things have evolved layout wise / Mark Harris agents Scale Iilluminator, Midi Monitor and others.

Passionate as always I am towards Eigenharps , let me know If I can help in anyway, if not borrowing that whiskey dispenser ;-)

Cheers
António

Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:58:41 +0000 GMT

Hi António !

Can you point me at the new layout thinking ? Adding a feature for "custom layouts" to my list (that was mentioned previously)

Whisky dispenser always available - along with free whisky at my house in Scotland if you can make it :-)

written by: Micael

Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:40:50 +0100 BST

Hi.
I'm using EigenTab frequently but when I´m trying to use the Script button it seems to be out of order? Is it or is it just my Safari configurations?
/Micael.

Sun, 20 Aug 2017 16:20:27 +0100 BST

Hi Micael - I will have a look at it when I get a chance, and let you know when I fix it.
About to be unemployed again so hopefully will actually get some time to fix/rewrite it.

-jsn-

Please log in to join the discussions