Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Tau with Win7

Most Recent

written by: NothanUmber

The Tau comes with a piano sample set preloaded that is mapped in the default setup. (I haven't used this for quite some time as I use a custom setup, but the keys to select the piano sound are described in the manual that comes with the instrument - isn't it even the default when you load the default setup the first time?)

written by: Holger44867

Fri, 18 Dec 2015 20:19:57 +0000 GMT

Hello, I'm a newbie and my english ist not good. So I will try to discribe my problem with my Tau and win7.

The USB-stick doesen't work. So I have downloaded the EigenD-Drivers_1.0.10, EigenD-Runtime_1.0.1 and EigenD-Resources-1.0.12 from the eigenlabs- page. I have them installed. But Windows cannot find the PSU-EU-driver!. Where can I get them? Is there a sequence when installing. Now on my TAU is one Led blinking? Is this correct? THanks for help

Regards Holger

Fri, 18 Dec 2015 20:27:52 +0000 GMT

sorry:
correction: the seeking driver is properly PSU-EM.

And a question: can the Tau at all to work with windows? I hope so....

Sat, 19 Dec 2015 01:00:52 +0000 GMT

Usually the install sequence driver, runtime, resources, EigenD should work. Also make sure that the instrument cable between basestation and instrument and the USB cable between basestation and computer is plugged in. I occasionally forget to plug in the latter and wonder what's going on :)

When is the "cannot find PSE-EU driver" message popping up? When you try to install runtime or resources or EigenD? Or is the installation of all components sucessful and the error comes up when starting EigenD?

Do you see the Basestation in the Device Manager? If not try to remove the driver again and reinstall it. First with the Basestation unplugged before installing, if this doesn't work with the Basestation plugged in. (The Eigenharp driver can be stubborn when being installed the first time. It works fine as soon it is installed once though). If you see "Basestation" instead of "unknown device" it should have worked.

Much success!

Sat, 19 Dec 2015 07:35:20 +0000 GMT

Hi NothanUmber,
thanks for the quick answer. Now it works... Win7 had installed the PSU-MM-Driver.

I'm a newbie with a lot of questions (an d my english ist not so good ;-)).

Now I can hear the Cello, Clarinet and the synth, ok.
But how can I install for example a piano-sound on the Tau? On EigenD I've loaded the factory-setup. I need a piano-sample, right? where I can find them and how can I install this sample on key 13 (Sampler 1)?

Thanks and regards Holger

Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:29:02 +0000 GMT

The Tau comes with a piano sample set preloaded that is mapped in the default setup. (I haven't used this for quite some time as I use a custom setup, but the keys to select the piano sound are described in the manual that comes with the instrument - isn't it even the default when you load the default setup the first time?)

Please log in to join the discussions