Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Setting up Pico on Windows 7

Most Recent

written by: john

If you're using a native EigenD instrument then there are no polyphony limitations, you can play as many notes as you can hold down and your computer can process, so you've probably just run out of machine resources if you're getting issues playing an eigenD sampler, modular snth or physics model. If you're using a VST, AU or MIDI output then yes, we usually set those up so there's one note per MIDI channel to enable enough expression, so 16 notes is then your limit. You can disbale the channelising of notes in the AU/VST host if this bothers you, but you will lose a lot of expression if you do that. I've personally never found the 16 notes limit to be a problem.

written by: MusicMagi

Tue, 1 Dec 2015 15:09:56 +0000 GMT

I'm having problems getting it to work. I've finally gotten the drivers to work and it is recognized in device manager. However, I'm not able to get any sound to come out of the device. I've gotten it to work here and there but then it just stops working. I've tried the software that came with it, as well as the latest on eigenlabs (2.0.74) I've tried on my PC and laptop. Same result. What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific version I need for Windows? Do I need a Mac?

Thank you

Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:22:46 +0000 GMT

Have you checked that your audio output is set correctly (Window/Audio Settings)? Once you've set that and got sound out, you also have to save your setup to remember it, or it'll just be set back to the wrong thing agaain when you restart (which might be your problem).

EigenD is known to work well on Windows 7, so there is no particular reason you should be having trouble. There are a number of more recent releases that 2.0.64, in particular there a 2.1 release that works well, you can get that here:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/state/pro-experimental/

John

written by: MusicMagi

Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:55:55 +0000 GMT

Thanks, John. So as an update, I was able to get the modular synth to work but I can't get the "standard setup" to work where I can select different sounds (piano, violin, etc) I seem to have all the necessary resources files in place. I have seen this working on this machine. Sound output is as it should be.

I've saved the configuration with the modular synth so I have something that works.

edit: I checked the audio settings in eigenD and they weren't set correctly. So now we're in business! Side question: if I hit a bunch of keys, I hear a cut-off.. is this a limitation of the midi channel?

Tue, 1 Dec 2015 20:01:14 +0000 GMT

If you're using a native EigenD instrument then there are no polyphony limitations, you can play as many notes as you can hold down and your computer can process, so you've probably just run out of machine resources if you're getting issues playing an eigenD sampler, modular snth or physics model. If you're using a VST, AU or MIDI output then yes, we usually set those up so there's one note per MIDI channel to enable enough expression, so 16 notes is then your limit. You can disbale the channelising of notes in the AU/VST host if this bothers you, but you will lose a lot of expression if you do that. I've personally never found the 16 notes limit to be a problem.

Please log in to join the discussions