Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD runtime ... open source, and Mac x86_64

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

can I repeat my request for this please.

(and also the resource package build scripts too ... not the resources which may have license issues)

if the 'community' is going to have to support itself for new OS releases we need everything so that we can ensure consistency of builds/releases.

Sun, 25 Oct 2015 17:42:53 +0000 GMT

can we please open source the eigend runtime packaging.

as was shown with 10.11, its possible we need to rebuild this due to operating system changes.

we don't need the files that are included ( which seems to be primarily Python),
UNLESS it includes patched changes to make EigenD work...
having the Scons files available would make life much easier.

also... why is Python being included, can we not use a standard 2.7.10 install?

the reason Im asking about this, is I'm trying to build EigenD on Mac OS X with 64bit, but for some reason the 32bit version of python was used in the runtime, can I just substitute it with the fat binary 2.7.10 ?

as far a i know with Python in the linux side, there is an issue with paths... is EigenD using a special build of python which includes the application path?

p.s. getting a 64 bit version of Mac OS EigenD is getting more important as some developers are now not releasing 32bit versions of their plugins e.g. Native Instrument Reaktor is now 64 bit only on OS X

Sat, 19 Dec 2015 11:00:29 +0000 GMT

can I repeat my request for this please.

(and also the resource package build scripts too ... not the resources which may have license issues)

if the 'community' is going to have to support itself for new OS releases we need everything so that we can ensure consistency of builds/releases.

Please log in to join the discussions