Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Is Eigenlabs still in business?

Most Recent

written by: john

Yes, we're still in business. We have Tau's and Pico's in stock, if you purchase one on the website it'll usually be with you inside two days in the UK, three or four in the EU and a week or so for the US and most other territories. We haven't sold Eigenharps through retailers for several years now, so any who are advertising them for sale probably shouldn't be. If you're interested in an Alpha (which we don't carry in stock) I'd advise you to put your name on the waiting list as soon as possible, I think we're about to make another batch and they don't usually hang around very long when we announce them.

If you're interested as to why we stopped supporting the retail dealers, the main reason was the high cost of US product liability insurance, which we had to maintain while we had a point of sale inside the continental United States. Selling direct from the UK means that we fall into the EU/UK legal regime, which is a lot saner and cheaper to insure for. These days international shipping is fast and reliable, there didn't seem much point in adding 40% to the cost of the instruments for little reason.

John

written by: bribat

Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:55:48 +0100 BST

I tried contacting the company and received no response. I noticed on the retailer sites that were selling Eigenharps that they all indicate the instruments are no longer available.

written by: john

Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:59:18 +0100 BST

Yes, we're still in business. We have Tau's and Pico's in stock, if you purchase one on the website it'll usually be with you inside two days in the UK, three or four in the EU and a week or so for the US and most other territories. We haven't sold Eigenharps through retailers for several years now, so any who are advertising them for sale probably shouldn't be. If you're interested in an Alpha (which we don't carry in stock) I'd advise you to put your name on the waiting list as soon as possible, I think we're about to make another batch and they don't usually hang around very long when we announce them.

If you're interested as to why we stopped supporting the retail dealers, the main reason was the high cost of US product liability insurance, which we had to maintain while we had a point of sale inside the continental United States. Selling direct from the UK means that we fall into the EU/UK legal regime, which is a lot saner and cheaper to insure for. These days international shipping is fast and reliable, there didn't seem much point in adding 40% to the cost of the instruments for little reason.

John

Please log in to join the discussions