Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: portable power - alpha

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Hi,
Im thinking about creating a portable rig which would included my Alpha.

obviously the laptop, and battery amp are not a problem...but I need to get power to the basestation pro for the alpha.

my thoughts are:
a) a 240v powerpack... but this is another thing to have to carry, and tend to be big/heavy. (I'm assuming BSP is pretty watt, so smaller one is fine)

b) basestation (standard), I read this has a wall wart... could I dispense with this, and just use a portable DC power supply?

c) add a DC inlet to the BSP? (is this 5v or 12v?), id assume the BSP just contains a 230V transformer, then steps it down for a low voltage DC supply, could take this connection, and add a DC inlet.
(obviously ensuing I never plugged both the AC and DC at the same time!)

a) is cumbersome.. as I want to have some that quick to just take outside, and id already be carrying amp, alpha, laptop...
b) quite expensive, and still need to some how source a 12 dc supply
c) I don't want to damage my BSP :)

thoughts?

written by: TheTechnobear

Sun, 7 Jun 2015 12:53:31 +0100 BST

Hi,
Im thinking about creating a portable rig which would included my Alpha.

obviously the laptop, and battery amp are not a problem...but I need to get power to the basestation pro for the alpha.

my thoughts are:
a) a 240v powerpack... but this is another thing to have to carry, and tend to be big/heavy. (I'm assuming BSP is pretty watt, so smaller one is fine)

b) basestation (standard), I read this has a wall wart... could I dispense with this, and just use a portable DC power supply?

c) add a DC inlet to the BSP? (is this 5v or 12v?), id assume the BSP just contains a 230V transformer, then steps it down for a low voltage DC supply, could take this connection, and add a DC inlet.
(obviously ensuing I never plugged both the AC and DC at the same time!)

a) is cumbersome.. as I want to have some that quick to just take outside, and id already be carrying amp, alpha, laptop...
b) quite expensive, and still need to some how source a 12 dc supply
c) I don't want to damage my BSP :)

thoughts?

Please log in to join the discussions