Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Breath Controller MIDI Problem

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Jeremy

If the EigenD instruments are working OK then that means that your hardware and the main body of EigenD are working just fine. The next thing to check is if the right MIDI is being sent out of EigenD. You can use a MIDI monitor program to do this - there are several free ones about, I think this one works fine: http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ -

Try running that and looking at the output of EigenD, if you see CC2 messages when you blow then the problem is likely in Reason, if not then it's probably somewhere in the setup, or your MIDI output configuration from EigenD. If you see data coming out of EigenD when you blow, but not CC2 then you have a configuration problem somewhere.

Let us know what your results were when you run the monitor...

John

written by: jacubert

Sat, 6 Dec 2014 04:32:17 +0000 GMT

I have not used my Eigenharp Pico for quite some time and went back to a Propellerhead Reason file to record some Eigenharp controlling sounds I had set up for the Eigenharp for breath control. I am unable to get Reason, Logic, or standalone VSTs to respond to any breath control messages.

When I run the standard setup, the breath control sounds (violin and clarinet) work just fine. I have the MIDI Matrix set up as I always have (CC 2 set to breath).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - it is quite frustrating to have something that worked just fine not work at all.

Thanks.

Jeremy

written by: john

Sat, 6 Dec 2014 08:02:14 +0000 GMT

Hi Jeremy

If the EigenD instruments are working OK then that means that your hardware and the main body of EigenD are working just fine. The next thing to check is if the right MIDI is being sent out of EigenD. You can use a MIDI monitor program to do this - there are several free ones about, I think this one works fine: http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ -

Try running that and looking at the output of EigenD, if you see CC2 messages when you blow then the problem is likely in Reason, if not then it's probably somewhere in the setup, or your MIDI output configuration from EigenD. If you see data coming out of EigenD when you blow, but not CC2 then you have a configuration problem somewhere.

Let us know what your results were when you run the monitor...

John

Please log in to join the discussions