Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Midi control missig C#3

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

its the mapping of the midi input controller connector two should be col 1, row 61 (i.e. midi note 61)

see : http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/1216/

its was fixed in 2.0.74, but I suspect the update scripts are not probably not fixing it.
anyway easy enough to fix in workbench,

written by: limfjord

Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:30:42 +0100 BST

Hello

Im making ableton Live send midi to setup the scale and key on my pico. And its working all fine except setting the key to C#. All other keys changes perfectly, but sending C# does nothing??!?!

Regards
Kim

written by: john

Tue, 7 Oct 2014 12:24:54 +0100 BST

Hi Kim

What version of the software are you running? And on what OS/Platform?

John

written by: limfjord

Tue, 7 Oct 2014 19:24:51 +0100 BST

Hi

I'm running on OS X 10.8.5
Ableton Live 8.4.2
EigenD was 2.0.64-stable, first thing I tried was updating to 2.0.74-stable.
I'm using the IAC-driver to make a virtual midi port for ableton to send midi to EigenD.

Kim

written by: john

Wed, 8 Oct 2014 11:06:48 +0100 BST

Hi Kim

I'm assuming that you're running that standard Pico factory setup.

2 things to check. Firstly, check if you can set the tonic to c# using the keyboard. If you can then this means that your tonic talker agent is working fine, and you have a weird thing wrong, quite possibly in the midi you are sending to EigenD. I don't know how to help you at that point, you'll probably need some MIDI diagnostic tool to check what you are sending - there are several of these out there that work on MacOS. You'll need to make sure that EigenD is getting the right note by monitoring the IAC bus before it's worth going much further.

If you cannot change the tonic from the instrument then this indicates that the tonic talker is somehow incorrectly configured. Open Workbench, select the edit tool and open the tonic talker (on the left hand side of the canvas, you'll see the midi input agent is connected to it via a controller), go to key 2 / action 1 for that key and click on it, and you should see the phrase for that, it should read:

main keygroup hey tonic to notecsharp set

Don't worry about action 2, this just sets the light on the instrument correctly to reflect the newly chosen tonic.

If this doesn't say that, then there is your problem.

John

written by: TheTechnobear

Wed, 8 Oct 2014 18:45:02 +0100 BST

its the mapping of the midi input controller connector two should be col 1, row 61 (i.e. midi note 61)

see : http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/1216/

its was fixed in 2.0.74, but I suspect the update scripts are not probably not fixing it.
anyway easy enough to fix in workbench,

Please log in to join the discussions