Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Breath Control

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

you can allocate breath to CC(or things like channel pressure) using the midi converter matrix...

load a setup (with midi output, e.g. factory) , then menu -> window->midi converter ...
select the converter number which matches the midi rig you are using.

column 4 is breath (as header label), then simply click in the intersection with the CC you wish to assign (CC2 is the most common), you can then fine tune the settings, e.g. gain amount in the dialog that comes up (or accept the default)

note: the breath input is bipolar, i.e. suck and blow, you can either assign this to the same CC, and offset.. (eg. 0 to-64 = suck, 64 to 127 = blow) or assign to different CC's... this is done by altering the 'bounds'
(or of course, ignore suck altogether)

more info is available here

note: this is the same procedure for both external midi and vst/au.
(only difference is with VST/AU you can route to plugin parameters)

written by: defocused

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 20:28:56 +0100 BST

Hello

I would like to use the breath control on pico for control of external instruments via Midi.

Until now I could not make anything and when I monitor the Midi there is no message when using the breath pipe.

The breath pipe works perfectly with the clarinet or cello that came with eigenharp.
Any idea if it possible to use it with other instruments?

thanks

written by: defocused

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:24:19 +0100 BST

Found the way using the midi matrix.

written by: Jarebear3452

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:08:45 +0100 BST

I know it's been a while since this was posted but could you expand on how you made this work?

written by: TheTechnobear

Tue, 5 Sep 2017 09:42:49 +0100 BST

you can allocate breath to CC(or things like channel pressure) using the midi converter matrix...

load a setup (with midi output, e.g. factory) , then menu -> window->midi converter ...
select the converter number which matches the midi rig you are using.

column 4 is breath (as header label), then simply click in the intersection with the CC you wish to assign (CC2 is the most common), you can then fine tune the settings, e.g. gain amount in the dialog that comes up (or accept the default)

note: the breath input is bipolar, i.e. suck and blow, you can either assign this to the same CC, and offset.. (eg. 0 to-64 = suck, 64 to 127 = blow) or assign to different CC's... this is done by altering the 'bounds'
(or of course, ignore suck altogether)

more info is available here

note: this is the same procedure for both external midi and vst/au.
(only difference is with VST/AU you can route to plugin parameters)

Please log in to join the discussions