Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: getting my pico started!

Most Recent

written by: mikeyq309

Many, many thanks Nothan!
I extracted the zip files in the Resources folder to C:\Program Files:Eigenlabs and everything is now working great! You should be working for Eigenlabs technical support :-)

Sun, 6 Jul 2014 23:32:19 +0100 BST

Hi everyone i am a newbie with a typical newbie problem, after a couple years waiting i have got my hands on a pico. have downloaded eigenD and i thought relevent software but i cant get controller to play any standard sounds however i have managed to get it to play a sound from the modular synth. Egenlabs say this means i have prob installed eigenD ok but may have a problem with the recouces file.i have tried many times to unzip and install the files but i still cant get the pico to work! what could i be doing wrong? have checked sound card side of things all ok, the pico lights up as it should and buttons seem to work as they should it just cant seem to find any sounds? by the way ime running windows 7.
Any advice? please help!.....thanks mike.

written by: john

Mon, 7 Jul 2014 08:46:40 +0100 BST

Did you manage to download and successfully install the resources? This is not a zip file, it's an executable installer and you will know if you have run it successfully as it will tell you when it's done. Has it done this?

The factory setups will not run until you have installed the resources.

Mon, 7 Jul 2014 14:15:40 +0100 BST

I downloaded EigenD Resources 1.0.12 (as a single 3.54Gb file) from the Eigenlabs website. I then unzipped this file to C:\Users\123\Desktop. There does not appear t be a .exe file within the unzipped Resources folder. Where would I find the .exe file to install Resources?

written by: john

Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:37:46 +0100 BST

The EigenD resources is not a zip file, it's a .exe (which runs an installer. I just checked this to be sure on the Eigenlabs website, it's certainly not a zip archive. 3.45Gb is the right size for the file, but if you've unzipped something I suspect you may have done something strange.

Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:00:33 +0100 BST

Could you send me the link for the download to be 100% sure I'm downloading the correct file. The file I download is: http://www.eigenlabs.com/getcdn/downloads/EigenD_Resources_1.0.12.exe
(I've also downloaded the file in parts: http://www.eigenlabs.com/getcdn/downloads/EigenD_Resources_1.0.12.part1.exe).
When I open either of these files the .exe file self-extracts to a folder on the desktop named "Resources" containing the following files: 5 x zip files - DrumLoops/Icons/ImpulseResponses/SoundFonts1/SoundFonts2; macosx.manifest/windows.manifest. The Resources folder does'nt contain a .exe file.

written by: NothanUmber

Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:03:38 +0100 BST

Hi Mike,

I just tried it, works fine on my side!

I followed the link to the full (one file) installer from the Eigenlabs Resource Package page:
http://dl.eigenlabs.com/downloads/EigenD_Resources_1.0.12.exe

It is a self extracting installer that will extract an executable
* "EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe"
* and a directory "Resources" (that contains several ZIP files)

(both the exe and the Resources folder are put to the directory you tell the self-extracting archive to install them to. So the exe is not inside the Resources folder but at the same directory level as the folder itself)

Now all you have to do is to start EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe. It will extract all the files from Resources to the right directories automatically, you do not have to do that manually.

Hope that helps,
NothanUmber

Edit: It would be worth to check whether the EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe couldn't be started automatically from the self-extracting archive once everything is unpacked. Then people wouldn't have to find the exe and start it manually.

Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:29:47 +0100 BST

Many thanks Nothan.
I've extracted to the desktop and run EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe
Still no sound. The only sound I can get to play is the "Modular Synth" under "Example Setups" "Pico".
Do I need to unzip the zip files in the resources folder before I run EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe?

Fri, 11 Jul 2014 15:50:12 +0100 BST

No, the exe should unzip everything for you to the right directories.

What you could doublecheck is that the audio output is set to your audio card (I think this is saved per setup). For Windows the audio card is not assigned for the standard setups by default, so you have to select your audio card as a first step.

Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:15:32 +0100 BST

Ugh, sorry, my statement above is actually not true!

To rule out that things just work because I already installed everything properly in the past I renamed the existing target directories and started the EigenD-Support-1.0.12.exe - assuming it would unzip the archives. Unfortunately it doesn't...

So you have to unzip all the zip files in the Resources folder to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs directory manually atm.

In the end the Eigenlabs directory should contain these new folders:
* loop
* icons
* impulseresponse
* soundfont

Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:29:49 +0100 BST

Do you know which directories the files should be unzipped to? If so, I could check to see if they have in fact unzipped. I've made sure the sound card is selected in the audio preferences.

Fri, 11 Jul 2014 21:24:37 +0100 BST

yes, as written above ;)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\loop
C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\icons
C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\impulseresponse
C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs\soundfont

(the loop, icons etc. folders are already inside the archives, so you can just unzip them all to C:\Program Files (x86)\Eigenlabs)

Sat, 12 Jul 2014 13:57:25 +0100 BST

Many, many thanks Nothan!
I extracted the zip files in the Resources folder to C:\Program Files:Eigenlabs and everything is now working great! You should be working for Eigenlabs technical support :-)

Please log in to join the discussions