Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Important EigenD Pro Anouncement

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Yes it works, if you are on 10.11+ you'll need to use the community version, see relevant separate posts. ( i completely missed your post because it was tagged onto this post as a reply )
If you have an issue always raise a new post , detailing your setup ( e.g. OS version , which Eigenharp etc) and your issue.

written by: john

Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:49:15 +0100 BST

Dear All

A couple of important announcements about EigenD Pro.

The first, and probably most exciting, announcement is that from today onwards EigenD Pro is becoming free software. The software development has transitioned to a community led project, the team of developers who make up that community (many of whom you probably already know) have all been given full access to all of the EigenD sources some time ago and they are now using them and doing some great work.

From now on EigenD Pro will be freely available for download on our website, including the current stable version, 2.0.74. To all those of you who have supported us by buying software over the last couple of years a big 'thankyou'. The revenue helped us to keep our full time development team in action a bit longer and enabled us to be in a position to give the community developers a great start.

The second announcement is that the community team have already put a release up of a new experimental branch, the 2.1.X series, and this can now be downloaded from the Experimental section of the website. It's a work in progress, but several people are already using it so I'd encourage you all to give it a go and let us all know how it goes. Congratulations to all of that team in getting this out there - it's a great start (it has lots of bug fixes and some nice improvements) and bodes very well for the future. Their names are listed in the release notes if you are interested in who is who, and if you are a developer and might be interested in helping out in any way please get in touch with any of us, you'd be very welcomed.

You can download the new 2.1, community built, experimental release here:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/state/pro-experimental/

There will be another announcement in a day or two regarding the Eigengharp Alpha build (good news, not bad news, so those who have already ordered can relax!).

For those that bought software in the last year and are now annoyed that it's free (which is an understandable if slightly illogical feeling), we are offering a discount of £250 off the price of a Tau and £100 off the price of a Pico to customers who purchased Pro in the last 12 months, £100 off the price of a Tau and £50 off the price of a Pico to EigenD Base customers who purchased in the last 12 months. You'll need to redeem this offer in the next two months if you want to take it up as it will expire after that, to do so just write to us before you place an order on the website and we'll sort your order out with you.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer them when I get back tomorrow morning.

John

written by: mikemilton

Mon, 2 Jun 2014 17:37:03 +0100 BST

Thanks so much. It is great to have a new version to play with.

Mon, 2 Jun 2014 19:58:01 +0100 BST

Fantastic news :)

written by: NothanUmber

Mon, 2 Jun 2014 20:48:26 +0100 BST

Wonderful, splendid, marvelous!
Thank you John, Eigenlabs investors and contributors who made this possible. (Especially Geert deserves a honorable mention here for his work to get 2.1 on course, keeping it up to date over the years and making it more stable. And Mark who is also already actively contributing. And all those working behind the curtains here and there :) )

And all the others who are on the fence, looking into getting their ideas "running" to help us making every EigenD version greater and better than the last! But our was-is-and-will-be Eigenharp go-to solution can do more: EigenD can be an interesting platform for other instrument maker communities as well, aiming for the benefit of a "united effort" to get the per-note multi-expression, high resolution "finger on the pulse of music" digital musical instruments train rolling! We are not alone, neither are they :)
Interesting times, indeed!

written by: Zygurt

Tue, 3 Jun 2014 00:20:20 +0100 BST

Awesome news, and not at all was I was expecting to find upon waking up this morning.

written by: keyman

Tue, 3 Jun 2014 12:40:20 +0100 BST

Good News!! and thanks for allowing new life to EigenD.

New milestone i'm sure, having the rare privilege of meeting all contributors (except Mark), it is in good EigenHands for the future ahead; big thank you for all of them!
I reiterate my unconditional support and strong believe in a "place in history"
Long life to EigenD!

António

written by: martinthompson

Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:19:09 +0100 BST

That's excellent news - thanks to all involved!

Martin

written by: natcl

Wed, 4 Jun 2014 21:42:19 +0100 BST

Can't wait to try out the new features. Thanks a lot !

written by: robbydebry

Wed, 15 Mar 2017 04:15:17 +0000 GMT

So will this work on my Mac now? I'm not incredibly tech savvy and have hard a hell of a time trying to get my eigenharp to run.

Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:46:42 +0000 GMT

Yes it works, if you are on 10.11+ you'll need to use the community version, see relevant separate posts. ( i completely missed your post because it was tagged onto this post as a reply )
If you have an issue always raise a new post , detailing your setup ( e.g. OS version , which Eigenharp etc) and your issue.

Please log in to join the discussions