Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Connector specifications

Most Recent

written by: natcl

You could do a continuity test using a multimeter ?

Edit (oops that's what you just said)

written by: dhjdhj

Wed, 21 May 2014 19:36:04 +0100 BST

I'm doing a major overhaul of my live rig before we tour UK and Europe and rather than plugging my Eigenharp cable directly into the base station, I'd like to be able to plug it into a socket on a panel on the back of a 19" rack enclosure and then have a short connection on the other side of that panel connecting to the base station.

Does anyone know exactly the "model/spec" of the connector, how it's wired up, etc so that I can order what I need? Ideally, I'd like to use an XLR-style connector on the panel (see for example http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Audio-Video-Connectors/XLR-Connectors/_/N-778cz/) and depending on how many wires are actually needed, I might end up using different physcial connectors for the panel part.

Thanks,
David Jameson

written by: geert

Wed, 21 May 2014 23:05:47 +0100 BST

These are the connectors, don't know about the wiring:

http://www.neutrik.com/en/industrial/circular-connectors/minicon/minicon-connectors/

Thu, 22 May 2014 14:29:03 +0100 BST

Thanks, Geert, that's very helpful --- I've contacted Neutrik about them. However, they're strongly suggesting that I need to find out the actually wiring so I can figure out what connector I can mount on the back panel of the rack.. Those minicon connectors aren't available in a panel-mount version, unfortunately.

I suppose I could cut one of the cables (I have a few spares) and trace the connections but that seems a shame.

written by: keyman

Thu, 22 May 2014 16:32:38 +0100 BST

No need to cut the cable, you can unscrew the minicon plug and check wiring.

Fri, 23 May 2014 13:42:57 +0100 BST

Not that easy. For example, there could be some crossed wires (like the old RS-232 interface) so both ends have to be metered. Be nice though if there was a pinout wiring diagram somewhere.

written by: natcl

Fri, 23 May 2014 16:00:38 +0100 BST

You could do a continuity test using a multimeter ?

Edit (oops that's what you just said)

Please log in to join the discussions