Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Technique: how to jump a major 3rd in legato?

Most Recent

written by: sam

Hi Tom,

When I play the Pico tuned to a chromatic scale, I use my second finger to play the note a major 3rd up from the tonic when playing legato - although not ideal, it does tend to allow me to play a legato arpeggio of the tonic triad (C by default) whilst still keeping your finger in the centre of the keys.

Another option you could try is changing the scale to major, which then has a much more friendly fingering pattern for legato arpeggios of the tonic triad.

I hope this helps.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

written by: TomSwirly

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:29:03 +0000 GMT

In the chromatic scale from C, if you play a C arpeggio, your index finger has to move from button 1 to button 2.

How to deal with it - if you're trying to play legato?

I've tried using my second finger but it doesn't work well. I've been doing it using my other hand...!

written by: sam

Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:09:55 +0000 GMT

Hi Tom,

When I play the Pico tuned to a chromatic scale, I use my second finger to play the note a major 3rd up from the tonic when playing legato - although not ideal, it does tend to allow me to play a legato arpeggio of the tonic triad (C by default) whilst still keeping your finger in the centre of the keys.

Another option you could try is changing the scale to major, which then has a much more friendly fingering pattern for legato arpeggios of the tonic triad.

I hope this helps.

Sam
Eigenlabs Software Department

Please log in to join the discussions