Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Pitch shift on strip controller?

Most Recent

written by: NothanUmber

Also not sure whether I understand the question right. Could it be that you want to tune the playing note / chord instantly to a specific pitch when touching the ribbon at a specific location?

If that is meant - that is possible out of the box. If you are playing with an Audio Unit / VST you can go to the instrument you use from the "Window" menu in EigenD. Then click on "Configure" and go to the third tab "MIDI Behaviour". There click on the cell at the intersection between "Absolute Strip" and "Pitch Wheel". That should do what you want. (You can change the scaling etc. in the dialog that appears if you click on the cell).

Hope this helps?

written by: Phillippal

Mon, 5 May 2014 17:03:31 +0100 BST

Hi,

I am a pico owner and a total newbie when it comes to music technology, so please bear with me! I have spent hours watching all the tutorials and reading everything I can online, but I still find it hard getting my head round some of the audio terminology etc., though I'd love to be able to master it.

Sorry for the long winded preface. My question is actually to do with the ribbon strip controller. Is there a way of assigning a pitch shifter to it so I could, for example, play a chord or riff and then sequence it quickly and easily without changing fingering?

Thanks in advance!

written by: TheTechnobear

Mon, 5 May 2014 20:59:59 +0100 BST

Im a bit confused by what you mean by pitch shifting
Ive usually seen this term used in conjunction with audio samples, e.g you record an audio signal then you shift its pitch.
its not possible to capture and audio signal in eigend, and so this cannot be pitch shifted -
However, you could do this with a VST/AU or in your DAW and then map the ribbon to to send a midi CC message (in the midi matrix) to the control which will do this shifting.

Of course if your generating the sound though in EigenD (builtin instrument, midi, vst) of course you could just transpose the notes. for the built in instruments these already map the ribbon to pitch bend, in midi/vst then you can do this mapping in the 'midi matrix'

Sorry, its not the clearest answer as Im not quite sure what your exactly trying to achieve.

written by: NothanUmber

Mon, 5 May 2014 22:19:35 +0100 BST

Also not sure whether I understand the question right. Could it be that you want to tune the playing note / chord instantly to a specific pitch when touching the ribbon at a specific location?

If that is meant - that is possible out of the box. If you are playing with an Audio Unit / VST you can go to the instrument you use from the "Window" menu in EigenD. Then click on "Configure" and go to the third tab "MIDI Behaviour". There click on the cell at the intersection between "Absolute Strip" and "Pitch Wheel". That should do what you want. (You can change the scaling etc. in the dialog that appears if you click on the cell).

Hope this helps?

Please log in to join the discussions