Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: how can i record my guitar (instrument) on my pico?

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

btw, if you just want to audio record your guitar and loop it
then you need to us an audio looper plug in , something like sooperlooper or mobius.

this you would need to then attach to the audio input of the audio agent (ensuring you have the correct input line if you have many line inputs)... then you would need to find buttons on the pico to activate the looper (1/9,2/9 spring to mind), wire up a keygroup to these, and then send this to the audio unit rig, that you have loaded the looper into.

realistically, you will want to do this in Workbench, unless you already know belcanto well.

sorry, I cannot really go into more details, as its a reasonable amount of work to do it, that would be very long winded to write.
if you try, and run into problems then feel free to post questions and I will help where i can .

Note: Like the SF2 sampling above, this is not a small task!

written by: Ea

Sun, 27 Apr 2014 14:22:14 +0100 BST

hi, i want to record guitar(instrument) on my pico, but i don't know how can i? thanks for your help.

Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:18:35 +0100 BST

I assume you want to sample your guitar, and then play using the Sampler Agent within EigenD?

if so, before i start... be warned its a big job to do it well :o)

(i followed this process to use for Reason NNXT, but it should work with EigenD too)

but here goes:
The EigenD samples using soundfonts in sf2 format, located in
~/Library/Eigenlabs/Soundfont/

a) first you need to record your samples, you could use something like Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net
(but lots of options)
i) record sample
ii) crop it
iii) export as WAV, making sure you name them clearly, including note names (e.g. C2)
repeat for as many samples as you have patience for, up and down the range of the instrument

b) now you need to package them up into and SF2 format,
e.g. using polyphone from http://polyphone.fr
i) import the wav as a sample
ii) create an instrument
iii) attach sample to instrument,
iv) now you can supply details e.g. range and velocity ranges to play (you can record more samples for different velocities, if you are keen!)
v) create a preset
vi) attach instrument to present
vii ) again, specify key and velocity range for this preset.
viii) save SF2 into EigenD location.

its also possible that EigenD, may require envelope details to be completed in the sample details in step (iv)

you can use polyphony to open up existing SF2s to see what details they supply, which will give you an idea how to complete your own.

its quite a fun process, but getting some good takes quite a lot of samples, and so quite a bit of editing and assembling.

I seem to remember there are some recording tools, that ease this process a bit (step a), perhaps others can suggest.
e.g. i know of one that for a midi controlled device e.g. synth, will fire midi messages and record automatically which could be kind of fun :)

good luck, and post your sound font if you make one

Note: to repeat, this is not a small task - and there are a lot of soundfonts out there, if you don't want the hassle of making your own!

Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:19:18 +0100 BST

btw, if you just want to audio record your guitar and loop it
then you need to us an audio looper plug in , something like sooperlooper or mobius.

this you would need to then attach to the audio input of the audio agent (ensuring you have the correct input line if you have many line inputs)... then you would need to find buttons on the pico to activate the looper (1/9,2/9 spring to mind), wire up a keygroup to these, and then send this to the audio unit rig, that you have loaded the looper into.

realistically, you will want to do this in Workbench, unless you already know belcanto well.

sorry, I cannot really go into more details, as its a reasonable amount of work to do it, that would be very long winded to write.
if you try, and run into problems then feel free to post questions and I will help where i can .

Note: Like the SF2 sampling above, this is not a small task!

Please log in to join the discussions