Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: factory TAU setup: Keys not working

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

(re 2.1.2)
If the metronome works, and the eigenharp menus seem to work.
then the base install has worked.
(and I have done this on a 'clean' mac before)

you will note, the resources are NOT required, they are only required for the the built-in instruments.

the only feedback I've had to far, has been if you reinstall the resources it works.

sorry, I'm just a community member not part of eigenlabs, so my time for this 'support' is limited, and unfortunately, I don't have any access to the build of the resources/runtime, or even the build scripts to see whats going on... as these have not been open sources (despite my repeated requests!)

written by: angsan

Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:28:25 +0000 GMT

Hi Oleg,

I confirmed what you saw about led color.

Angelo

written by: cellular_model

Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:48:15 +0000 GMT

Here is on Geert's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4KIaygsQ8

one can clearly see orange upon key press.

John, could it be something?

Oleg.

written by: geert

Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:14:54 +0000 GMT

This is meaningless, capturing the difference between bright orange and bright red leds on video requires quite a good camera. In his first video I can see the difference between the metronome light and the keys he presses, the keys are slightly more orange. In any case, this is handled by the internals of the Tau and not by the software. If the modular synth work for him the hardware is totally fine.

cellular_model said:
Here is on Geert's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU4KIaygsQ8

one can clearly see orange upon key press.

John, could it be something?

Oleg.

Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:38:45 +0000 GMT

Hi Mark,

Here is the log: ANgelo's TAU log IMAC

Angelo

Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:23:11 +0000 GMT

from logs:
Soundfont file Black Grand Medium not found

so the soundfonts are missing...
the resources have not been installed correctly...

you should find:
$ ls /usr/pi/soundfont/
808 - Ian Ritchie.sf2 CS80 Pad 1.sf2 Electric Bass.sf2 Tubed Rhodes.sf2
Black Grand Medium.sf2 CS80 Pad 2.sf2 Synth Pad.sf2 Tubed Wurli.sf2

Id try to reinstall the resources...

Fri, 21 Feb 2014 06:37:28 +0000 GMT

Hi Mark,

I will re install the ressources!
I'll keep you informed,

Angelo

Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:30:07 +0000 GMT

Cool, if you still have issues , produce another log and search for 'error'
To check this issue has gone.

You can always post another log file if problems persist.

But log file looked fine except for this, so I think this will resolve your issue - I hope,
So you can get on playing :)

Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:27:48 +0000 GMT

Hi all,

Finally it works!
It was an installation issue (on my MAC). I do not know why the 1st time the setup did not install sound files. Second time was the right one!

Thanks al lot to all of you guys!

Have a nice weekend

Let's groove tonight! :-)

Angelo

Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:07:32 +0000 GMT

excellent news!
enjoy your playing its a fantastic instrument.

any questions ask away :)

you might want to join our google+ community, keen to help and also hear how you get on

https://plus.google.com/s/eigenharp/communities

written by: Trap Jaw

Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:08:17 +0100 BST

Hi all,
seems that I have a similar problem... tried to install eigenD on my new Macbook/OS Maverick.
First I installed eigenD 2.0.74 stable, no sound when pressing the keys on my Pico. Then I deinstalled it with AppCleaner and installed the 2.0.1-experimental- same issue- First i thought it was a wrong configured Midi setup, but after configuring an additional Midi Port, Midi out worked... then I found this post and tried other instrument than Piano Sampler or Drums... found out Clarinet works, Cello is very crunchy, Sampler 1-3 and AUs don't work ... reinstalled EigenD several times but unfortunately without improvement. I started EigenD in debug mode to get a log file... but actually I don't understand the log file entries to understand what's going wrong... I assume that installation is incomplete even though it completed "successfully"...

Any help very appreciated

Trap Jaw

Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:58:10 +0100 BST

sounds like you have not installed the resources.
you need to install:
a) runtime package
b) resource package (for samples,drum loops, alchemy au)
c) eigenD

im guessing you have done a and c, not b…

the log file you will need to upload some where, for me to see if there is anything unusual in it.

Thu, 12 Jun 2014 07:14:56 +0100 BST

Hi trap Jaw,

If you faced the same issue than me, it means that you do no have installed the resources files. Start over a clean installation and possibly check the log file/dir has suggested by TheTechnobear on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:23:11 comment

Angsan!

written by: Trap Jaw

Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:56:42 +0100 BST

Hi Technobear, hi Angsan,

yes, installation of resource files was successful, I skipped to read the resource files, thought the eigenD package was meant.

@Eigenlab: To mention this in the introduction manuals would be helpful for Newbies

Thanks for your fast support :-) !

written by: twobraids

Fri, 18 Dec 2015 22:04:14 +0000 GMT

faced with the same problem, I found this:

When starting with installation on a new machine, jumping directly to the Community Distributions results in an installation that did me no favors. It silently fails to install the resources. I originally followed these steps a MacBookPro running Mavericks:

#FAIL:
1) install EigenD-Runtime-1.0.1-MACOSX.pkg
2) install EigenD_Resources_1.0.12.dmg
3) install EigenD-gpl-2.1.2-community-MacOSX.pkg

step 2 self reported success, but appears to have done nothing at all. The Tau fails to have any instruments, though the "metronome" works. Wiping out the install and starting over with steps 3 & 2 reversed results in the same situation. Again trying a clean slate, skipping step 1 and then doing 3 & 2 also results in the same bad install.

What actually works better:

1) install EigenD-Pro-2.0.74-stable.pkg
2) EigenD_Resources_1.0.12.dmg

That succeeds in giving me everything but the clarinet.

My next step is to try to move on to the Community versions 2.1...

Sat, 19 Dec 2015 10:44:45 +0000 GMT

(re 2.1.2)
If the metronome works, and the eigenharp menus seem to work.
then the base install has worked.
(and I have done this on a 'clean' mac before)

you will note, the resources are NOT required, they are only required for the the built-in instruments.

the only feedback I've had to far, has been if you reinstall the resources it works.

sorry, I'm just a community member not part of eigenlabs, so my time for this 'support' is limited, and unfortunately, I don't have any access to the build of the resources/runtime, or even the build scripts to see whats going on... as these have not been open sources (despite my repeated requests!)

Please log in to join the discussions