Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: Mavericks and EigenD

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

from the 'scroll keys' thread... we have an issue I think with the EigenD supplied version of python - which is used by the EigenBrowser wrapper.

============== my post on the other thread======
ok, Ive debugged this...

The python code in EigenBrowser is fine, Ive checked the rendering etc, all ok.

BUT... the issues is that 10.9/Mavericks breaks Python.
Basically (Im not a python expert) it looks like the new App Nap feature basically prevents the window updating due to to HID input (mouse, keyboard etc)

This I can also prove to be the case, since if you use the scroll key, and then move another window over eigenbrowser, it will refresh.
More over, this explains why the mouse selection works, as it involves HID activity.

the best reference Ive found is here: http://bugs.python.org/issue19373

Ive tried disabling App Nap, on Eigenbrowser executable but this doesn't work, so i suspect it could be the supplied Python with EigenD

written by: GoneCaving

Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:42:18 +0000 GMT

Hi all,
Just a quick heads-up that the changes in OSX Mavericks break the ability to build EigenD from the github sources. This seems to be due to a combination of changes to the gcc version and also libVec has be removed in 10.9

written by: geert

Tue, 7 Jan 2014 18:41:23 +0000 GMT

Thanks to Duncan and Mark, I checked in an updated version of the sources that now compile on MacOSX 10.9.

written by: TheTechnobear

Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:18:50 +0000 GMT

from the 'scroll keys' thread... we have an issue I think with the EigenD supplied version of python - which is used by the EigenBrowser wrapper.

============== my post on the other thread======
ok, Ive debugged this...

The python code in EigenBrowser is fine, Ive checked the rendering etc, all ok.

BUT... the issues is that 10.9/Mavericks breaks Python.
Basically (Im not a python expert) it looks like the new App Nap feature basically prevents the window updating due to to HID input (mouse, keyboard etc)

This I can also prove to be the case, since if you use the scroll key, and then move another window over eigenbrowser, it will refresh.
More over, this explains why the mouse selection works, as it involves HID activity.

the best reference Ive found is here: http://bugs.python.org/issue19373

Ive tried disabling App Nap, on Eigenbrowser executable but this doesn't work, so i suspect it could be the supplied Python with EigenD

Please log in to join the discussions