Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: First note played is VERY loud

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Interesting… does it do it on a factory setup, or just one that you have made? is it on any note?
does it only happen with the VST rig or other rigs (midi, cello etc), does it happen with all VST rigs?

if it is your own setup, did you create an extra AU rig? (if so you need to check you are using unique channels for all key groups, as this causes all sorts of weird issues)

I cannot think anything off hand that could cause this…
id be tempted to use a midi monitor (Kontakt has this feature), and looking at the first midi message sent and check its velocity.

(are using legato trigger? - as a long shot, this has 'interesting' first note behaviour)

written by: JDune

Fri, 3 Jan 2014 20:44:25 +0000 GMT

The first note I hit is EXTREMELY loud. All subsequent notes are OK.
I've been experimenting with adding and modifying modules using WorkBench, and assume I have accidentally altered a setting....
I vaguely remember the same problem more than a year ago, and found a simple answer here, but not finding it via the index, sorry!
I should add: talking about AU/VST instruments, particularly Kontakt.
Thanks
JDune

written by: TheTechnobear

Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:46:46 +0000 GMT

Interesting… does it do it on a factory setup, or just one that you have made? is it on any note?
does it only happen with the VST rig or other rigs (midi, cello etc), does it happen with all VST rigs?

if it is your own setup, did you create an extra AU rig? (if so you need to check you are using unique channels for all key groups, as this causes all sorts of weird issues)

I cannot think anything off hand that could cause this…
id be tempted to use a midi monitor (Kontakt has this feature), and looking at the first midi message sent and check its velocity.

(are using legato trigger? - as a long shot, this has 'interesting' first note behaviour)

Please log in to join the discussions