Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: One percussion key over sensitive - others all fine

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

@John/@Wayne ... any thoughts on this?

Ive emailed you twice, but not got any response ... perhaps lost in your inbox? :o(

Also any news about the new breath pipes?
unfortunately the fix to my Alpha one didn't last long, its starting to fail again - no problem, it was nice of you to try , just didn't work out.
... anyway, very keen to get a V2 :o)

my picos breath pipe has been fine, so will have to use it for the moment.

Thanks
Mark

Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:48:44 +0000 GMT

Hi,
Ive been playing with using the percussion keys as strumming keys using Orange Tree Samples guitar.

everything is great, except Ive noticed if I use the first percussion key it is MUCH more sensitive than the others ... in particular, a light tap given 100+ on midi velocity... whereas same tap on other keys gives around 30.
also the same thing is happening on pitch bend for that one key

never really noticed before, as I use them very little, and then only for percussion, so not been an issue.

as a workaround I can use other percussion keys, but would be nice if I could some how turn down is sensitivity... adjust its calibration?

Thanks
Mark

EDIT: bit more details...
ive checked the raw values, looking at similar pressures on other percussion keys.
pressure - for a pressure of around 600, i get about 1700
roll and yaw, a neutral position - which normally yields around 2000, gives me around 3300 in both cases.
the extents of the key values seems to be comparable to the others keys i.e. goes from 0...4095, just its too sensitive for pressure, and looks 'offset' on roll and yaw.

the problem for me of course, is if used as a key its pitch bent (which is how i first noticed it), and not even in loudness (due to pressure)

Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:48:54 +0000 GMT

@John/@Wayne ... any thoughts on this?

Ive emailed you twice, but not got any response ... perhaps lost in your inbox? :o(

Also any news about the new breath pipes?
unfortunately the fix to my Alpha one didn't last long, its starting to fail again - no problem, it was nice of you to try , just didn't work out.
... anyway, very keen to get a V2 :o)

my picos breath pipe has been fine, so will have to use it for the moment.

Thanks
Mark

Please log in to join the discussions