Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Wolfgang Palm's PPG WaveGenerator plugin now available

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Seemed to work ok for me too...
( didn't try to crash it with the context menu :o))

did'nt really find anything too interesting in the presets, but perhaps creating your own waveforms could be interesting.

written by: geert

Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:33:57 +0000 GMT

Hi everyone,

Wolfgang Palm's PPG WaveGenerator plugin is now available for purchase at €99. This is the first plugin I know of that explicitly handles MIDI voice-per-channel mode natively. Simply switch the key mode to VpC and you can use it with the Eigenharp poly mode (need to set up MIDI CC1 and CC2 as per-note in the routing matrix).

I've been testing it in EigenD 2 with the Eigenharp and Wolfgang has spent quite a bit of time getting the VpC mode to work well for us EIgenharpers.

You can find the plugin here:
http://wolfgangpalm.com/store/

Enjoy!

Geert

written by: MarkPowell

Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:24:20 +0000 GMT

There's a demo version now, so I downloaded it last night to give it a try. However, I'm having problems with it.
I've taken Alpha Factory 1 (last version 2 release, so fully up to date) and loaded it into AU2. I then set the config to Poly and the plugin to VpC and it works great, with excellent control, but only works for about 2 minutes and then EigenD locks up and I have to force quit. Is this a problem that anyone else has seen?

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 30 Nov 2013 19:11:41 +0000 GMT

Very good synth, thanks for convincing the developer that a VpC mode is worthwhile!

@Mark: Played now for about an hour without any signs of instability. Only played with the presets up to now though, with the only change being to switch to VpC mode, remove some reverb where necessary and add pitch/roll/yaw modulation mappings here and there to be honest.

This can make some really nice sounds! I e.g. like some of the very simple sounds like the "English horn".

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 30 Nov 2013 19:53:56 +0000 GMT

Ok, got it to crash now, too. Changing effect settings while playing seems to be not completely stable yet.

Edit: Figured it out. Do not play any note while a context menu (with copy, paste, init etc.) is open. This will crash PPG+EigenD instantly.

written by: TheTechnobear

Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:37:12 +0000 GMT

Seemed to work ok for me too...
( didn't try to crash it with the context menu :o))

did'nt really find anything too interesting in the presets, but perhaps creating your own waveforms could be interesting.

Please log in to join the discussions