Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Demo of Wolfgang Palm's upcoming PPG WaveGenerator plugin

Most Recent

written by: geert

No idea, I'm testing the beta. However, there's no dongle needed for it so I suspect there won't be one.

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 11:05:23 +0000 GMT

Hi everyone,

Wolfgang Palm is working on creating a computer version of his WaveGenerator iPad synth ... and it includes full voice-per-channel MIDI supports that works out of the box with the Eigenharp's poly mode for hosting plugins.

Here's a quick noodle I recorded with it while testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bisGqnBy4

This plugin should come out in about a week, more information here:
http://wolfgangpalm.com/wavegenerator/wavegenerator-for-mac-and-pc/

Wolfgang has been really awesome to do the additional work for including this particular mode, I think he deserves all the support he can get.

Enjoy!

Geert

written by: carvingCode

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 13:55:29 +0000 GMT

Please explain 'voice-per-channel'.

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:37:19 +0000 GMT

Essentially the EigenD poly MIDI mode. Each note has a dedicated MIDI channel for expression and when the note is released, that MIDI channel frees up for other notes

written by: john

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:52:55 +0000 GMT

And to add to that, this is good because many MIDI parameters that we want to use on a note by note basis are actually defined per channel rather than per note, so to get proper expression out of MIDI we assign each note a unique channel, which it keeps for the duration of its existence. This usually works sort of OK, but if the plugin developer has explicitly considered it and supported it (which is not particularly common as yet) then it's a whole lot better. This new plugin works well 'out of the box' using this mode, which is great.

John

written by: dhjdhj

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:00:26 +0000 GMT

Please, tell me it doesn’t need an iLok dongle.

Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:08:30 +0000 GMT

No idea, I'm testing the beta. However, there's no dongle needed for it so I suspect there won't be one.

Please log in to join the discussions