Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: US Dealers

Most Recent

written by: krishkal

Thanks for the pointer to JRR, John. They do have it in stock and I have ordered the Pico from them. It worked out a little bit cheaper for me to get it from them than ordering across the pond. Also, they have a 30-day return policy. Not that I am anticipating returning it, but it is good to know that if I absolutely dislike it for some reason, I have that option available to me.

I am very excited to join this community, and hoping to be a part of it for years to come! Who knows, once I get hooked on the Pico, I may need to graduate to one of its big brothers. My particular interest is in playing Indian Classical (Carnatic) music. I am a beginning/intermediate musician. I have a YouTube channel, KarnaTEK, where I have uploaded some recordings I did with the EWI. Take a listen, if you wish.

-Kal.

Edit: I just talked to the JRR folks in person, and they said they really don't have it in stock (even though the website said they do), and may take 4-6 weeks to process the order. I went ahead and canceled it, as I did not want to wait that long. I thought I would have it in a week tops (since it was shipping locally in California), and would play around with it over the holidays. Oh well, maybe I will think about it a bit more, and order after the holiday rush.

Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:50:40 +0000 GMT

Hi, I just found out about the Eigenharp in the Yahoo Windcontroller forum. I have a Yamaha WX5, and an Akai EWI4000S, EWI-USB. I mostly use SampleModeling voices with them currently, and only play the EWI.

I got curious and started doing some research on this site, and also looked through some of the Google+ posts, YouTube videos etc. I saw that there were a bunch of US dealers listed in the "Retailers" tab, but when I go to ANY of their web sites, and type "Eigenharp" into the search box, I always get "Product not found". So, I take it these dealers are defunct, and the only option is to buy direct from the company?

Thanks!

written by: carvingCode

Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:43:25 +0000 GMT

I bought a Pico in 2010 from a US dealer, but I think most in the US are buying direct from Eigenlabs now.

Randy

written by: john

Sat, 16 Nov 2013 17:36:02 +0000 GMT

Quite a lot of US retailers don't seem to carry any stock anymore. The 2008 recession caused a lot of them to really cut back on stock holding and expensive state of the art Eigenharps probably weren't a priority. The retail environment has changed so much in the last few years this hasn't really been an issue for us as our sales have just moved online.

JRR on the west coast still do carry stock, they sell quite a few Eigenharps and normally also carry Tau's as well as Pico's, we shipped them one last week in fact. Most people in the US buy direct from us these days as the shipping time is only a couple of days, but if you want to look at one directly and don't know anyone who already owns one then JRR are very helpful. If you want to meet up with someone and get a demo, it's also worth asking here on the forums and on G+, many players are very helpful and its quite possible there's someone near to you who can help out.

John

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 16 Nov 2013 21:44:42 +0000 GMT

In addition to meeting IRL, Some have found a Google hangout is helpful.
If interested just join the Eigenharp G+ community and ask.

As an aside, I initially bought a Pico as an enhancement / alternative to a WX5. It would be better at that now because it can be setup to be fingered like a WX. The main thing you might miss is the bite sensor.

Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:41:37 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the pointer to JRR, John. They do have it in stock and I have ordered the Pico from them. It worked out a little bit cheaper for me to get it from them than ordering across the pond. Also, they have a 30-day return policy. Not that I am anticipating returning it, but it is good to know that if I absolutely dislike it for some reason, I have that option available to me.

I am very excited to join this community, and hoping to be a part of it for years to come! Who knows, once I get hooked on the Pico, I may need to graduate to one of its big brothers. My particular interest is in playing Indian Classical (Carnatic) music. I am a beginning/intermediate musician. I have a YouTube channel, KarnaTEK, where I have uploaded some recordings I did with the EWI. Take a listen, if you wish.

-Kal.

Edit: I just talked to the JRR folks in person, and they said they really don't have it in stock (even though the website said they do), and may take 4-6 weeks to process the order. I went ahead and canceled it, as I did not want to wait that long. I thought I would have it in a week tops (since it was shipping locally in California), and would play around with it over the holidays. Oh well, maybe I will think about it a bit more, and order after the holiday rush.

Please log in to join the discussions