Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Creator for everyone - free workshop on G+

Most Recent

written by: TheTechnobear

Thanks Randy,

BTW, Creator is also an excellent source of belcanto code, so if you want to know more about how to use belcanto - then come and find out about creator.

Note: the focus of this workshop is not on belcanto (though it may come up depending upon time). If there is a sufficient interest, I might do a follow up workshop on belcanto (which again will build on creator)

Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:30:55 +0000 GMT

as posted here, creator is a tool which helps players create new setups, or modify existing (factory) setups.

A few people have recently been commenting that they have been meaning to take a look at 'creator'.
I realise that this its a bit intimidating (for programmers and non-programmers alike!).
so Im wondering there is sufficient interest for me to run a 1 hour workshop (on google hangout) to show how to use it, i think this is much better than doing by posts, and being interactive will help too.

Audience: anyone with any type of eigenharp
(no programming experience necessary)

Format: Google Hangout, hands on workshop.

Topics:
- What is Creator , and dispelling myths
- Setting yourself up to use creator
- Using creator to extend factory setups using configurations
- How to build your own configurations using existing templates
- A look at templates, what are they... how to write your own
- Where next?

To run it:
- I need a minimum amount of interest (say 3 newcomers) .. to justify the effort i need to prepare for it.
- you will need to do a couple of things in advance (e.g. install github, komodoedit) - so ensure we dont waste time on setups issues. of course I can help you get to this point.

It you are interested, then you will need to be registered on Google+,
and please express your interest on the following thread... (so I can gauge if it there is sufficient interest to warrant it being run)

https://plus.google.com/110586757591577940744/posts/1LD1hSh1y7V

Thanks
Mark

written by: carvingCode

Fri, 8 Nov 2013 02:18:03 +0000 GMT

Fantastic news that Mark is putting this together for everyone. I'll be there to offer what support I can.

Great opportunity for those not yet familiar with the Creator method of building setups to find out what it's all about.

Randy

Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:18:09 +0000 GMT

Thanks Randy,

BTW, Creator is also an excellent source of belcanto code, so if you want to know more about how to use belcanto - then come and find out about creator.

Note: the focus of this workshop is not on belcanto (though it may come up depending upon time). If there is a sufficient interest, I might do a follow up workshop on belcanto (which again will build on creator)

Please log in to join the discussions